Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    ~2% drop after 14 hours today on 2.1.2-13. Several shorter phone calls as well. If v13 was expected to affect batt life, can't say I notice a difference. Don't notice any difference in speed.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    2% per hour that is...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    My Veer is heating a bit.

Normally the temperature was 35 degrees Celsius whilde charging on a touchstone dock. After the last kernel update (-14) the temperature is heading for 40 degrees celsius.
    Last edited by Beninho; 08/15/2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    just got off a ~1 hour call w/14 installed and temp is 31 degrees.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    i have the media indexing problem in the camera again with 14 installed. can take a picture but tapping on the thumbnail does nothing. reverted back to stock kernel and it works like normal
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zach0124 View Post
    i have the media indexing problem in the camera again with 14 installed. can take a picture but tapping on the thumbnail does nothing. reverted back to stock kernel and it works like normal
    Same issue here, also using the -14 kernel
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    no issue here after removing/re-installing. running 14 too.
    Been using -14 and taking pictures. When I tap the thumbnail it takes me to the picture in the photo roll as I would expect. No issues here. Temp and battery life have also been fine.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    After going back to stock kernel and returning to the warthog -14 the Camera option works great again, also temperature is normal again.

Maybe something with the update from -13 to -14 what caused this? But anyway, it's gone.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    after removing/re-installing 14 a couple times yesterday i gave up trying to make it work.
    tried it this morning and everything works as normal. it just didn't like me yesterday i guess. weird.
    it's still strange that the pictures i took during that weirdness don't show up in the photo roll but i can see them in the DCIM folder via Internalz with all the other pics.
  11.    #111  
    As I said previously, this is a problem with webOS file indexing. There is nothing, nada, zilch that I can do about it.

Palm has to fix it. Tell them. Again. Please. Then tell them again. =)
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    not trying to imply that it was the kernel's fault.
    it is just frustrating that we can't get a solution to the media indexing problem.
  13.    #113  
    I agree. Maybe it is fixed in 2.2

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Yeah! Thank you, codecrumb, the new -15 makes my veer scale down to 122,8Mhz again, when i donīt use it :-) It is really, really fast now!! Great job!!!
    I totally agree, awesome! Many thanks, codecrumb! it's noticeably faster, battery loss absolutely acceptable, wi-fi/cam working properly (i.e. webos properly
    Quote Originally Posted by sabro View Post
    Yeah! Thank you, codecrumb, the new -15 makes my veer scale down to 122,8Mhz again, when i donīt use it :-) It is really, really fast now!! Great job!!!
    EDIT - all is good
    Last edited by jboucicaut; 08/23/2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    -15 was working fine until all of a sudden today I ran into the media indexing problem while snapping a picture.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Battery drain.

I dont know for sure if others have experienced this too, but my Veer's battery is for the second time in a week drained in a night-time (7 hours) after beiing fully charged. This is after I installed the Warthog Kernel.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    yes. i've gone 180 with battery life and 15, draining fast at times. i was on a flight early monday, turned on airplane mode @~70%. 2 hours later upon landing, phone was dead. i was really surprised...
  20.    #120  
    That should not happen. LMK if it happens consistently. -15 sets your speed to 1.1ghz which does use more voltage hence more power.

-16 will cap the boot speed to 1ghz which uses the stock voltage.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast