Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp2009 View Post
    Sorry for the noob question but how do I add the testing feed to preware to OC? I tried adding Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/
    Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/
    Index of /feeds/webos-kernels/testing/2.1.2/
    but I still get nothing in preware

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-.../testing/2.1.2
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    A better link to give is actually this:

Kernel Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    A better link to give is actually this:

Kernel Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    Because there are clear precautions that one should follow before using an experimental overclocking kernel.

Not only that, there's an easier method on the Kernel Testing wiki page than manually entering the url.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=wolfgart;3063606][url]

I've already added that before
    Has anyone had any problems with the camera? I tried to take a picture today, and while the picture would be taken, it didn't save the picture at all. I tried multiple times and no dice.

Went to stock kernel, and whatever picture I took was saved...
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    Has anyone had any problems with the camera? I tried to take a picture today, and while the picture would be taken, it didn't save the picture at all. I tried multiple times and no dice.

Went to stock kernel, and whatever picture I took was saved...
    Testing the camera is indeed an important thing to do - it's one of the first things to stop working when going outside of stable overclocking multi-variate boundaries.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8.    #88  
    That is more likely the file indexing bug present in all 2.x versions.

Tell Palm to fix it.
    Understood; have noticed the camera has been pretty wonky in 2.x, regardless of device.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    no camera issues w/2.x, my palm pre-, and fxxx kernels. But confirmed this issue w/warthog-12. This is a showstopper in my book.
  11.    #91  
    Sorry, its a Palm thing, I can't do anything about it.

Sometimes rebooting works or reinstalling but no guarantees.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    That is more likely the file indexing bug present in all 2.x versions.

Tell Palm to fix it.
    Agreed we have seen this in the Veers, if you are using internalz or something else that can access you DCIM folder you will find the photos there, webOS 2.x apparently has horrible media indexing. I have confirmed this personally on my Veer, where I thought photos weren't really taken until I checked the actually directory. Have never OC'd the Veers, but have seen this problem random and repetitive.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Interesting.

Pic's there when I looked in Internalz.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    same thing happened with the camera app for me. I would touch the thumbnail in the bottom left after taking a pic and nothing would happen. Got frustrated and just kept tapping it and holding the thumbnail and somehow it eventually took me to the photo viewer. Now it works every time. The app doesn't show any of the pictures I took before I got it working again but, sure enough, they show in Internalz.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    same behavior confirmed as posts 92-94. will try zachs "solution".
    Have been testing this issue on my Veer. No camera or photo problems for me using -12 on 2.1.2.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcoale View Post
    Have been testing this issue on my Veer. No camera or photo problems for me using -12 on 2.1.2.
    No issues here, although I took a picture while charging with touchstone.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elopez View Post
    same behavior confirmed as posts 92-94. will try zachs "solution".
    reinstalled wart, camera began working normally. hopefully will remain that way.
    elitepyro likes this.
  19.    #99  
    warthog 2.1.2-13 is released. This one changes the clock to 300HZ instead of 100HZ.

Let me know if this affects your battery life vs. any improvements in latency/interactivity
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
  20.    #100  
    warthog 2.1.2-13 is released. This one changes the clock to 300HZ instead of 100HZ.

Let me know if this affects your battery life vs. any improvements in latency/interactivity
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast