Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    For what its worth, Ancient Frog is loading just fine for my veer after installing latest Warthog kernel and overclocking to 1ghz.
    Does the kernel offer adjustment of voltages? I'd rather have 800 MHz with lower voltages
  3.    #43  
    Patience or donations might make that come true =D

Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Does the kernel offer adjustment of voltages? I'd rather have 800 MHz with lower voltages

It may be that 2.1.1 is not compatible (sorry). I don't have 2.1.1 installed or available so cant really test.

HOWEVER, a little birdie may have told me that there should be an OTA at some point so you may just want to wait for that. I can neither confirm nor deny the last sentence.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Unfortunately, my Mobile Hotspot no longer works with Warthog kernel on the Veer. Just stays in an endless turning on spinning circle every time, tried reboots.
    <<Thread stuck>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Bought a Veer today and installed WK, and on reboot, none of my sounds worked. Reverted to stock kernel and sounds were restored.
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    Bought a Veer today and installed WK, and on reboot, none of my sounds worked. Reverted to stock kernel and sounds were restored.
    I can confirm this, yesterday i had the same issue, but after some time sounds came back without uninstalling Warthog-Kernel...

Sabro
    It's incredible ,

pay , and nothing works : enable wifi - sounds - ecc....
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    It's incredible ,

pay , and nothing works : enable wifi - sounds - ecc....
    Feel free to request a refund. Just don't use the kernel when it's done if you do.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Feel free to request a refund. Just don't use the kernel when it's done if you do.

-- Rod
    i believe only in webos-internals team ......
    i believe only in webos-internals team ......
    You may like to peruse WhoIsWho - WebOS Internals to make yourself aware of who is actually on that team.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    FenrirWolf and wolfgart like this.
  12.    #52  
    GuyFromNam, can you test -db7 to see if this problem is still there?
    https://www.box.net/shared/djixcaicna80vvyriie6

I'm trying a bunch of other builds right now to see if I can triage.

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Reinstalled WK on your experience and all of my sounds worked on restart.

Quote Originally Posted by sabro View Post
    I can confirm this, yesterday i had the same issue, but after some time sounds came back without uninstalling Warthog-Kernel...

Sabro
  14.    #54  
    Well, I'm getting conflicting reports from all over regarding what works and what doesnt.

See darkproteus66's twitter feed where he says 2.1.2-10 works just fine. Wifi, hotspot and all.

Wi-Fi toggle wasn't working on the second time I installed the kernel - it allowed me to turn it off, but I couldn't turn it back on (even in the Wi-Fi Preferences.)

I went ahead and reverted to stock, turned Wi-Fi on, then reinstalled WK, and restarted. The Wi-Fi stayed on.

With WK, I just toggled Wi-Fi off and it turned off, however, tried to toggle it back on and it just spun.

I had to restart the phone by doing the ringer switch method, and Wi-Fi is enabled again. So for me, the Wi-Fi toggle isn't working under this current build.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    See darkproteus66's twitter feed where he says 2.1.2-10 works just fine. Wifi, hotspot and all.

Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    Wi-Fi toggle wasn't working on the second time I installed the kernel - it allowed me to turn it off, but I couldn't turn it back on (even in the Wi-Fi Preferences.)

I went ahead and reverted to stock, turned Wi-Fi on, then reinstalled WK, and restarted. The Wi-Fi stayed on.

With WK, I just toggled Wi-Fi off and it turned off, however, tried to toggle it back on and it just spun.

I had to restart the phone by doing the ringer switch method, and Wi-Fi is enabled again. So for me, the Wi-Fi toggle isn't working under this current build.

$$$
    - HP Veer --
    $$$
    Is it your intention that the tone of your posts in this thread makes it seem like you expect the WebOS Internals kernel developers to provide everything to you for free, and that you have an objection to being part of the alpha testing process?

-- Rod
    Garfonso likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Is it your intention that the tone of your posts in this thread makes it seem like you expect the WebOS Internals kernel developers to provide everything to you for free, and that you have an objection to being part of the alpha testing process?

-- Rod

i prefer this and not pay to have the same "objection" to being part of the alpha testing process<--

p.s. :

i pay every price to have a good patch or hack just tested , but PAY to be a beta-tester is
    Last edited by wolfgart; 08/07/2011 at 03:36 AM.
    - HP Veer --
    I'd love to give you money, but sprint hates me... Keep up the good work!

i prefer this and not pay to have the same "objection" to be to being part of the alpha testing process <--

p.s. : i pay every price to have a good patch or hack gust tested , but PAY to be a beta tester is
    Perhaps you should just wait until there is a stable public release. Such an attitude is not welcome in the alpha testing phase.

You should either be part of the solution or not participate at all.

-- Rod
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast