Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Xecutah:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I just tried the new uberkernel that hit the veer beta. Thanks for all your work as it booted perfectly. I am running screenstate 1.4 but when I open xecutah and run cat /proc/cpuinfo it shows me running @932.90 when in govnah it says 1.4.
    /proc/cpuinfo does not give a current frequency measurement, and does not even give an accurate frequency measurement at any time (it is called BogoMIPs for a reason).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ooohhh 1.4

uber loading fine. Seems to be much smoother then one of the older versions I tried. We will see...
    so how big of an improvment is your veer after oc. is there any specific tests to compare the numbers
    Does anybody have recommended profile settings they would like to share for the Veer? Looking for screenstate at 1.4GHz (max speed, yet battery friendly when screen is off).

Thanks Rod and webOS-Internals for the update to UK!!
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    Does anybody have recommended profile settings they would like to share for the Veer? Looking for screenstate at 1.4GHz (max speed, yet battery friendly when screen is off).

Thanks Rod and webOS-Internals for the update to UK!!
    Don't forget uNiXpSyChO who wrote the 1.4GHz overclocking and screenstate code.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Thanks for the update! Im playing with the voltages settings, and testing the new IO scheduler on my Veer. Im a battery saver bias guy so these voltages settings are pretty handy to me, lets see if i can make my phone last more than a day with snappy performance during the day like before (or maybe my battery is dying already )
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    Quote Originally Posted by Xethur View Post
    1. No idea
    2. When you hold the volume up and power on your phone it puts it in recovery mode before it loads the OS. Kinda like entering the BIOS on a computer.
    3. I think he means preware feeds for the general public

Main Page - WebOS Internals great site for learning more then you ever wanted to know about WebOS

running 20 no issues to date.
    Thanks for clarifying. I'd really love to know if the tally is still running. If it's accurate - for another $152 we would see this in the preware production feeds. I have to believe Veer user community can muster this amount to make this happen and support developers like codecrumb
    Xethur and Garfonso like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    so how big of an improvment is your veer after oc. is there any specific tests to compare the numbers
    I don't have any tests but I found the veer much smoother after OCing it. A lot of the lag in actions disappeared. Like unlocking the screen when apps are running or switching between 3-4 cards.
    uber 25 is available offering a screenstate. thank you. I believe its about time for me to donate again. Keep up the great work.

update: sent along another $10.
    Last edited by Xethur; 11/11/2011 at 08:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xethur View Post
    uber 25 is available offering a screenstate. thank you. I believe its about time for me to donate again. Keep up the great work.
    You may also want to look into the ondemandtcl governor with screenstate enabled rather than the screenstate governor.

That's what I use.

-- Rod
    well I'm finding battery draw much higher with 1.4 OC but the battery life is still better then my pixi was. I haven't seen any real improvement over 1.2 so I may lower my max freq but I'll give it a few days first.
    well the uber update to 27 has been much better on battery life. I am running ondemandtcl at 1.4 with screen state enabled.
    I'm using Uber 27 @1.4ghz, and you can really tell the difference in terms of speed for the device (when compared to stock). Everything is smooth as butter, and after 16 hours (2-3 phone calls, saw a couple of videos on youtube, briefly browsed the web, and played 3-4 levels of Angry Birds Rio), and my battery is at 69%.

Honestly, it makes the cellphone that much better and functional.
    Any chance we will get overclocked kernels for the 2.2.3 Veer? What is required for you guys to work on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Any chance we will get overclocked kernels for the 2.2.3 Veer? What is required for you guys to work on this?
    Firstly an official doctor released by HP for that version.

Secondly, kernel source code released by HP for that version.

-- Rod
    Was curious about the Browsermark score for an overclocked Veer, and I got 46000, which is almost on par with the iPhone 4. Pretty impressive for such a tiny device. Anyone else got scores to compare?
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Don't want to be a pest, but I'm having trouble finding out how to overclock the Veer.

I followed the suggestions above to read the Preware site. This is the series of instructions I get.

Installation

1. The following guide assumes a Palm Pre/Pixi/Pre 2/Veer/TouchPad that has the original Palm kernel and no over-clocking patches.
    2. On Preware's home screen, type "uber" and hit enter.
    3. Select "UberKernel" and "Install"
    4. After the installation, Preware will prompt to restart your phone. Always listen to Preware; it knows best!
    5. If you have not yet installed a "Governor", on Preware's home screen, type "Gov" and hit enter.
    6. Select "Govnah" and "Install"
    My problem is that UberKernel isn't in the feed list. I kept reading the FAQ and found the following:

I can't find UberKernel in Preware, Govnah's there but not UK.
    You need Upgrade to Preware 1.0 or greater. You should then see a webos-kernels feed in your Manage Feeds section; turn it on, and Update Feeds. Now you should see UberKernel within Preware.
    This describes my problem perfectly, but the solution provided doesn't seem to work. In the feed manager, I see a feed for webos-kernels. I have enabled it, and updated feeds but still get no UberKernel shown. The only kernel shown is Palm Kernel (Veer) v2.1.2.1 - WebOS Internals

Any suggestions?
    You need to uninstall Preware, enable the alpha/beta feeds: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals and re-install Preware.

Then in feed management, enable the alpha or beta feeds and you'll have the kernels
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Mucho thanks.

Here's a quick rundown of what I did, in case another noob needs help.

• Remove Preware
    • Download WebOSQuickInstall
    • In WebOSQuickInstall, click Tools > Command Line
    • Enter the commands listed in Enabling Beta Feeds
    • Close the Command Line window
    • In WebOSQuickInstall, click the icon of the globe on the network
    • Search for Preware
    • Press Install
    • Run Preware, and Manage Feeds - Beta Kernels are available!

Thanks again for linking me in the correct direction. Time to break something!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast