Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    The Veer has been out for a while now... it sure has it's fair share of bugs... I'm really curious as to when we should anticipate an OTA for it.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I don't think anything has been said, but I would hope/assume we will get something by the end of the month when it appears the Pre3 will be out, at least overseas. Presumably the Pre3 will be running on an updated version of webOS that we Veer owners will get as well. Or at least I hope.
    "In the coming weeks".

There, I said it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    "In the coming weeks".
    I will hold you to this. If you don't come through, I will start a new thread on how you didn't keep you're promise.

But seriously, the Veer has some serious bugs ... i.e. black screen, loss of sound, sms lag...
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    it's incredible to see HP don't yet released no update .

Mah
    It's the same scenario as for my touchpad: people see bugs, I see nothing such. Where do you find them???
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    It's the same scenario as for my touchpad: people see bugs, I see nothing such. Where do you find them???
    Same with me at first time. After I use Veer as my main phone over a month, bugs occurs more and more. And they start to annoy me.
    tp already got oc, veer is being abandon it seems like. is it me or does it seem stagnant
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    tp already got oc, veer is being abandon it seems like. is it me or does it seem stagnant
    Well the Pixi never got much back then either... Veer is just Pixi 2 really.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

just no love for small people...ooops i mean small phones
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    The current theory is that the Pre 3 will launch with Enyo 1.0, so it is possible that instead of an update that is about fixing bugs, the Veer will see a big functionality update to bring the stuff that we will see on the Pre 3.
    Yeah, with new bugs...

Honestly: There were some bugs in the official bug thread that are logged into HP's bug tracking system, so they will be working on them, at least some people...

For me there are no show stoppers around (of course everyone has different needs and some people are hit by the bugs worse than I am). But I'm nonetheless waiting for an update containing the touch to share feature. I'm really eager to try that one.

I think right now phones won't get much love from HP... the next "big thing" is the tablet market and they try to get a decent share of the market as long as it is fresh. I think this is a nice idea, because it's much easier to get some people that never had a table to like the touchpad and eventually buy it, than people to switch their phones. The smartphone market is still growing, but it's getting slower and most people that want a smartphone already have one. And they are always comparing new phones to their old ones... no matter how great webOs is, there are things missing (and even if it is 10000 fart apps in the catalog!) and those are show stoppers for many people.

But the tablet market is still fresh and hopefully some of the (potential) developer love for a (potentially) strong touchpad will reflect back to our little phone. Especially with enyo around caring for the different screen sizes, this could be an interesting development. Although I still can't imagine, how that will work out. So maybe much love for the touchpad is at least a little good for the veer, too...
    The Veer gets love when I see donations for it. As I said on the TouchPad thread, donations get my attention, else it's going to have to be when I (or someone else) gets around to it.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Dude, I keep my promises! It just might take a while =)

Besides, I'll need another one when I get a Pre3 =D

Here's a teaser.

Lastly, I just created an official thread for Veer Overclocking.

http://bit.ly/pJLgAY
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    Dude, I keep my promises! It just might take a while =)

Besides, I'll need another one when I get a Pre3 =D

Here's a teaser.

Lastly, I just created an official thread for Veer Overclocking.

http://bit.ly/pJLgAY
    Put this in Kernel testing feed EARLY !!!!!!
    "In the coming weeks".

There, I said it.
    Oh no you didn't. lol
    I'm just shocked that the Veer hasn't had an update yet to support Touch-to-Share and SMS from the Touchpad.

I know, the phone guys at HP are probably concentrating on the Pre 3 at the moment, but that deprives the Touchpad of one of its few standout features.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm just shocked that the Veer hasn't had an update yet to support Touch-to-Share and SMS from the Touchpad.

I know, the phone guys at HP are probably concentrating on the Pre 3 at the moment, but that deprives the Touchpad of one of its few standout features.
    They should've just pushed the update WITH the launch of the TouchPad.

They should've just pushed the update WITH the launch of the TouchPad.
    Agreed, even if it didn't have any bug fixes or anything, and solely added the SMS and Touch-to-Share, a Veer update should have been out day 1 to support the Touchpad.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast