Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    Pay for this ???????

W unixpsyco
    wolfgart, you are under NO OBLIGATION to donate.

Of course, you also have no obligation to use anything I produce. I do find the sense of entitlement that you have disconcerting. Posting multiple times in multiple threads does not make me more inclined to do something for you.

I now direct you to the following video:

In other news, warthog 2.1.2-9 is released in the feeds. No overclocking but with other goodies.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    GuyFromNam and VCI_Cell like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    tp already got oc, veer is being abandon it seems like. is it me or does it seem stagnant
    Anyone want to explain to me what the hell overclocking has to do with HP pushing a software update?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Anyone want to explain to me what the hell overclocking has to do with HP pushing a software update?
    None whatsoever. I was just commenting on the Veer getting attention before we went off topic.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

All overclocking talk should be directed to the overclock thread.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    None whatsoever. I was just commenting on the Veer getting attention before we went off topic.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

All overclocking talk should be directed to the overclock thread.
    Just so ya know, wasn't directed at you at all.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    it doesnt but the statement was just a general statement about the lack of progression or forward movement of the veer.
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 08/03/2011 at 05:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    When I called, I got the "coming weeks" comment from support...
    Quote Originally Posted by tomlamb View Post
    When I called, I got the "coming weeks" comment from support...
    See I told you...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    The Veer will most certainly see an update, at least to add/enable the SMS option to the Touchpad and to enable Touch to Share.
    Now that the TouchPad's major update has been released (and does well for the device), I expect at least part of HP's webOS team to be working on getting the Veer to 2.2. It would make sense, given that their next product push (Pre3) runs the same version of the OS.

If we're spitballing, I'd say Veer gets an update 9/2.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Now that the TouchPad's major update has been released (and does well for the device), I expect at least part of HP's webOS team to be working on getting the Veer to 2.2. It would make sense, given that their next product push (Pre3) runs the same version of the OS.

If we're spitballing, I'd say Veer gets an update 9/2.
    We can hope, I am still suprised that they wouldn't have had the Touch to Share update with the touchpad being out!
    HP surely wants leave to PRE 3 the primary scene with touch to share .....after will be out the update for the Veer.

- HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by tomlamb View Post
    We can hope, I am still suprised that they wouldn't have had the Touch to Share update with the touchpad being out!
    I'm thinking with HP knowing the launch of the TP was buggy, they put focus on getting 3.0.2 out before 2.2.

Hoping there is some focus on 2.2 now, for both Veer and Pre3, and maybe even Pre2 (I know it won't get TTS but would be nice for those users to get an update since the phone is capable of other 2.x tasks).
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I'm thinking with HP knowing the launch of the TP was buggy, they put focus on getting 3.0.2 out before 2.2.

Hoping there is some focus on 2.2 now, for both Veer and Pre3, and maybe even Pre2 (I know it won't get TTS but would be nice for those users to get an update since the phone is capable of other 2.x tasks).
    My gut instinct is that the delay is partly related to AT&T. That's the same carrier, the only carrier in fact, that stop their Blackberry phones from receiving the updates to pair with the Playbook.
    Well out of all carriers, VZW is known to be the worst... I think Pre2 is still on 2.0.1 or something like that.
    I have a Veer, but not activated, and a TouchPad. I am very anxious to get WebOS 2.2 with TTS and SMS/MMS. Things could work nicely for me once 2.2 arrives....in the coming months hahah. :-(
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Now that I have a TouchPad I would love to go back to my Veer, but the bugs are just too irritating on the Veer for me to use as a day to day phone (I switched back to my Windows Phone 7). So.... PLEASE HP, issue the OTA update!
    craigp likes this.
    I can understand the 'all hands on deck' mentality focusing on the TouchPad and 3.0.2 but I worry about that mentality being used too often to justify other products slipping through the cracks. Do all hands now go on deck for the Pre 3 and Veer owners (and Pre 2) are supposed to wait until that is released, and updated?
    codecrumb seems to have some info on this but won't confirm or deny.. I'm guessing we are very close to an OTA for the Veer:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post3056508
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    There will be no Veer update.
    It's been deprioritized indefinitely.
    Wouldn't suprise me, but that would SUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    There will be no Veer update.
    It's been deprioritized indefinitely.
    Citation needed.

Like, for real - I'd like a source on this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast