Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi at all,
    after 2 weeks my HP Veer is very, very slow... If i want to open a App, i have to wait for some seconds.. I i get a call, there a some seconds to wait `til i can hear the person which´s calling..
    In the first two weeks my veer was´nt slow, it was really fast. But in the last day´s its getting slower.. It´s a german Veer with WebOS 2.1.1

Anyone with an idea?

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand what i wanna tell you...

Greetings from Germany,
    Sascha
  2.    #2  
    Thanks, but i had removed all patches, after this my veer was still slow..
    Then i tried the Doc, after the doc it was fast as before, but only for a few hours, then it was getting slow...
    What does govnah say about your CPU speeds?
  4.    #4  
    Govnah says 806mhz, this seems to be allright.

@GuyfromNam
    Do you mean a new account AFTER the Doc or generally a new account?

Thank you for helping!!
  5.    #5  
    hm.. After i doctored My veer, i add yahoo-account, because there was no sync to my google-account.. I delet this yahoo-account now and test again...
    wouldnt sync with google?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7.    #7  
    No, i have had problems with sync with google, many of my contacts were missing...

I have deleted my Yahoo-Account on my Veer now, but it is still very, very slow... It takes up to 12 seconds until browser starts, 5 seconds until messaging-app starts, 7 until photo-app starts and so on......
  8.    #8  
    Ok, i will take my veer to the doctor now, after doctoring i create a new palm profile and then i test the speed again.
    I will report after the doc...
  9.    #9  
    okay, back from the Doc.
    I created a new Palm-Profile, it seems to be okay so far. But there is still a problem with google-sync, some of my contacts are missing (about 70 contacts, for example the numbers and email-address of my girlfriend :-D )...
    I start to re-install preware, govnah and my other apps now, i will report after it...
  10.    #10  
    It really seems to be a problem with my old Palm-Profile... I created a new Palm Profile, added all my apps, patches, Preware and so on and my Veer seems to be fast like the first day.
    Could i have "bricked" my old Palm-Profile??
    The Google-sync-issue is really bad, so i exported all my contacts from the google-website to a v-card.vcf file. I sended this file via email to my Veer, so all contacts are back ;-)

Thanks to GuyFromNam for helping!!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Sabro, did you have another webOS device before you got your Veer. I'm a Pixi Plus owner with a new Veer on the way. In light of your problems, maybe I'm better off starting off fresh with a new Palm Profile with a different e-mail address. Would anyone out there agree?
    This is of interest to me as well. Many features of my Pre2 and now my Veer haven't worked in months, such as Gchat. Others are bugs that follow me across devices (disappearing bookmarks).

Since these seem to be profile-related issues, I wonder a) how they happened (I'm a launch-day Pre- user) and b) if anything short of a new profile can fix them.
    webOS user since 20090606.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm Vxer View Post
    Sabro, did you have another webOS device before you got your Veer. I'm a Pixi Plus owner with a new Veer on the way. In light of your problems, maybe I'm better off starting off fresh with a new Palm Profile with a different e-mail address. Would anyone out there agree?
    Yeah, i had a Pre- before i got my veer. But i take a new Palm-Profile wenn i got my veer, the old pre- palm-profile was never activ on my veer..

Sabro
    I have migrated my profile from Pre- to Pre+, to 2.x on Pre+, to 2.x on Pre- to Veer. During the migration from webOs 1.4.5 to 2.x my google account broke, which was reported from other people, too. After deleting and readding it "some times" it was ok again. During the migration to the Veer something on the HP Server went wrong and I ended up with my german profile turning into an US profile (and not accepting my credit card anymore) which I reported to HP and it got fixed. Now I have my original profile on my Veer and everything is fine.
    It's not that every profile is breaking a Veer... or so.
    sabro, could you verify that the missing google contacts were the ones with only a first name and no last name? Because I have the same issue with my Veer. I have 106 contacts in my gmail account, the Veer also shows that it has 106 contacts, BUT all the ones that have no last name are simply not shown in the contacts app. Searching for the number or the name results in nothing, so they are not mistakenly connected to other contacts.
    @Veer, both the wife and I using original palm profile from nearly 2 years ago, all is fine
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17.    #17  
    @ johnnygewitter:
    Hm, just when i readed your post i think you could be right... I missed only contacts without the last name....

Okay guys, today my veer went back beeing slow....very slow... I have nothing new installed, suddenly it was getting slow. But i noticed, that my govnah shows me everytime 806mhz. normally it shows only 806mhz when i touch the screen. If i don´t touch the screen it normaly scales down to 122mhz... But after my veer was getting slow, there are everytime 806mhz...

Anybody with an idea out there??

Sabro
    Are you running a custom kernel??? I dont remember you saying you were. if you aren't, I would suggest returning for replacement under warranty.

I am asking because it sounds like custom kernel scaling. I know some folks on other webOS devices have had problems with scaling on custom kernels at certain levels.
  19.    #19  
    No, at the moment i am using the original Palm-Kernel. thats why i´m so confuse about this behavior..
    Since i installed govnah, i have noticed, that the original Palm-Kernel scales, it works with the "OnDemandctl" Governor...
    HMMMM, have you tried asking Rod or posting in the Govnah thread? I installed govnah, but haven't even opened it. Both the wife and I are not seeing the issues you are.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast