Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Hi All, recently installed Preware on my Veer. Had no issues until a problem with themes. Had to docotor the Veer and all is well. Except now, with Preware reinstalled and 8 patches, the battery life seems to go down drastically by the minute. I have Wifi enabled, and I also have it set to sleep when the phone sleeps so that shouldn't be an issue. Below are the patches I have installed. Would any of these cause poor battery life? I didn't change anything else, but it seems after the patches, the battery life sucks.

Patches installed:
    Add Date MM DD
    Battery percent and icon
    Just Charge by default
    No missed call callback
    Power button to end calls
    SMS vibrate to 2 seconds
    Timestamps clean
    Unthrottle download manager

Before Preware and any other Apps, my phone would stay around or above 90% the entire day.

Update: Battery life has gone from 100% to 66% in 1 hour and 15 mins.
    Last edited by jmbones; 07/28/2011 at 04:08 PM.
    that is excessive even with patches installed... Let me close dr podder and I'll take my phone off the TS and see what it is at in an hour
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbones View Post
    Hi All, recently installed Preware on my Veer. Had no issues until a problem with themes. Had to docotor the Veer and all is well. Except now, with Preware reinstalled and 8 patches, the battery life seems to go down drastically by the minute.

Patches installed:
    ****Battery percent and icon****

Update: Battery life has gone from 100% to 66% in 1 hour and 15 mins.
    jmbones, the Battery percent and icon patch has been confirmed to drain battery life dramatically: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tery-leak.html

I uninstalled this and found my battery life improved greatly. I'm stll hesitant on loading any battery display patch as others have also been mentioned as having possible leaks.

Hope it works for you!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    irony
    Quote Originally Posted by Yimmy View Post
    jmbones, the Battery percent and icon patch has been confirmed to drain battery life dramatically: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tery-leak.html

I uninstalled this and found my battery life improved greatly. I'm stll hesitant on loading any battery display patch as others have also been mentioned as having possible leaks.

Hope it works for you!
    actually if you read thru that thread it is far from confirmed, folks have had varried results

for facts, I have the top bar battery patch included as part of sconix top bar patches. Veer off TS for almost 2 hours running on "4G" no wifi, bluetooth radio turned on but not connected to anything, some light texting on vibrate, I am at 94%.

I am not going to say that patching cant/wont drain battery but my results are far from what the op is seeing. Another note, a few folks including my self have noticed what we think may be more battery drop on wifi thAn on network (even at idle it seems the wifi radio drains faster than network).

you may want to remove everything and see what your results are, some folks have seen increased battery life, but if you read the thread in that quote, just as many have not seen a huge increase in battery life.

would love to see the results from others though, not saying anyone is wrong, just think there are more factors than just patches.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Ill try by removing the top bar battery % patch first. Like I said, before I installed anything, it would last all day.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I removed the battery percent AND icon patch, and installed ONLY the battery % and it's still at 100% after 10 mins. It appears the one that runs both the % and the icon is the culprit as of now.
    I meant to ask earlier, did you do a restart and test battery? Because of course removing the patch also includes a luna restart which would kill any background processes
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Seems something is still draining it, just not as fast. For my hours drive in to work this morning, it went from 100% to 93%. Not too bad, but before, it would stay at full for hours.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Is there a patch to view all running processes/apps?
    I think J stop does this, homebrew app
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Found it.. now what uses battery life, the more nodes or handles?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Here's my list from Jstop after a restart:

Memory ~30.52MB

PID Name Nodes Handles
    1000 Systemui 95 60
    1003 Phone 106 50
    1002 Email 76 11
    1004 Calendar 60 8
    1001 Launcher 201 8
    1006 Messaging60 7
    1007 Camera 30 1
    1010 Phone 25 0
    1013 Jstop 118 0
    1009 Systemui 145 0
    Couldn't help you there.