1.    #1  
    I am sure this has been addressed before but I can't find specific threads on it.

My Veer works great with the touchpad for phone calls, but not SMS messages. This is supposed to be confirmed that it will work, but it doesn't for me. Is this one of those things we hope is in an OTA update?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I believe so, yes.
    Should work once the Veer is up to version 2.2. 2.2 will enable Touch To Share, that will allow the touch to bluetooth connect, SMS sharing, and link sharing.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    sms pairing already work for me between my touchpad and my veer. That is: when I receive an sms or a call it shows on both devices. Didn't try to edit & send sms from the tablet though.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    sms pairing already work for me between my touchpad and my veer. That is: when I receive an sms or a call it shows on both devices. Didn't try to edit & send sms from the tablet though.
    can you verify that you can recieve sms on your phone? And not just google talk or skype messaging?

if I remember correctly the only time I got an sms on my touchpad was when I first paired my touchpad with my phone, I dont get new msms messages after that.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    It was an sms actually.

But what was your sms you received ?
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    It was an sms actually.

But what was your sms you received ?
    the sms I got were the old ones stored in my phone. i cannot get new ones. or send new ones from my touchpad.

I can however send messages using gtalk and skype messaging on my TP
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  8.    #8  
    ok thats an interesting point. I havent tried to send them, but I do know that if I get an sms message, it surely does not show up on the touchpad.

Voice dialling -- flawless. Just no SMS. I will try to send here in a sec and let you know what happens.

*update* No dice. Tried to sms myself through touchpad and got 'unable to send'. Sent one to myself through the phone and it worked great, but of course, the touchpad didnt show it.
    you won't be able to send SMS. But google talk via browser should work, and skype messenger works.
    Maybe I've been too excited. I did receive sth I thought was an sms but it **may** have been sth else. I sah "may" cuz I don't know where it could have come from then, judging hy the content and the sender...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. This is what I posted on the HP Touchpad forums:

After pairing my touchpad with the veer (v3.0.2 & v2.1.2 respectively), I'm not able to send or receive text messages. I can see that my message history from my veer is available for viewing, but when I try to send a text, I get the following error:

"Message Can't Be Sent. A phone must be connected to this device via Bluetooth in order to send a text message. Ok/Connect Phone"

When I click Connect Phone, it takes me to the bluetooth preferences and it shows me that it's already paired with my phone. When I go through the process of pairing it again and try to send a text, the same message pops up.

Any advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpedit View Post
    I'm having the same problem. This is what I posted on the HP Touchpad forums:

After pairing my touchpad with the veer (v3.0.2 & v2.1.2 respectively), I'm not able to send or receive text messages. I can see that my message history from my veer is available for viewing, but when I try to send a text, I get the following error:

"Message Can't Be Sent. A phone must be connected to this device via Bluetooth in order to send a text message. Ok/Connect Phone"

When I click Connect Phone, it takes me to the bluetooth preferences and it shows me that it's already paired with my phone. When I go through the process of pairing it again and try to send a text, the same message pops up.

Any advice?
    It doesn't work. My guess is that the people working on the TouchPad expected (like me, stupidly) the Veer to be updated when the TP was launched, so they added TTS and SMS sharing capability. The Veer has yet to be updated since its release. With the amount of bugs and now missing features I am wondering what HP's plan is with this phone.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Someone just replied to me on the HP forum stating that this should work following a software upgrade on the Veer (v2.2 perhaps?)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpedit View Post
    Someone just replied to me on the HP forum stating that this should work following a software upgrade on the Veer (v2.2 perhaps?)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Should work once the Veer is up to version 2.2. 2.2 will enable Touch To Share, that will allow the touch to bluetooth connect, SMS sharing, and link sharing.
    Hopefully HP stopping webOS device operations means we still see software updates. Waiting for the rest of the news.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...