Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Are there unlocked HP Veers in the wild? Something that will work in Canada?
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    and they sell them unlocked to devs iirc
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    and they sell them unlocked to devs iirc
    the ones sold to devs on-discount is still locked, I believe
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    forgot bout that you are probably right
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Using an unlocked Veer in Canada right now on the Rogers network... works great.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    Using an unlocked Veer in Canada right now on the Rogers network... works great.
    How did you get yours?
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    How did you get yours?
    Unlocked AT&T Veer on Bell here... bought on Amazon and shipped to my friend's Buffalo mailbox. Then drive across the border.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I cross posted this question in another thread, but it seems more appropriate here:

I just got a veer and when I enable data the phone crashes after only a few minutes. I've used pda2.bell.ca as well as pda.bell.ca as the APN, but always the same problem. If I turn off data and run on WiFi, it works great.

I have used both a new sim card from bell and my current sim card that runs fine in my Pre2.

Bell won't help (for obvious reasons), so I'm somewhat stuck. I was actually thinking of buying a couple more for the rest of the family, but that's not looking likely at this point.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    I cross posted this question in another thread, but it seems more appropriate here:

I just got a veer and when I enable data the phone crashes after only a few minutes. I've used pda2.bell.ca as well as pda.bell.ca as the APN, but always the same problem. If I turn off data and run on WiFi, it works great.

I have used both a new sim card from bell and my current sim card that runs fine in my Pre2.

Bell won't help (for obvious reasons), so I'm somewhat stuck. I was actually thinking of buying a couple more for the rest of the family, but that's not looking likely at this point.

Any ideas?
    I suggest you try talking to DigitalUnlock to see if they've encountered this before. Other than doctoring (which may sound crazy for a fresh phone), I can't think of much.

Mine only stalls while waiting for data, but never "crash". What exactly do you mean by that?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I suggest you try talking to DigitalUnlock to see if they've encountered this before. Other than doctoring (which may sound crazy for a fresh phone), I can't think of much.

Mine only stalls while waiting for data, but never "crash". What exactly do you mean by that?
    Well, I got it from ebay already unlocked, so I'm somewhat out of options here.

By crash, I mean just stop responding (freeze) or reboot. If it reboots, it gets stuck in a reboot loop until I remove the SIM card.

I'll give the doctor a shot and see what happens. I'm hoping it got messed-up by the ebay guy and that a doctoring will fix it. I just hope it's not a faulty radio, as I don't know if HP would RMA an unlocked ebay phone...
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just bought a veer and will also be activating it on Bell (actually Solo Mobile )

My question. I currently have an unlimited browser option for my Samsung gravity T (HSPA) and wanted to know if it will still work when I put the sim card from my Samsung to the veer?

Anyone on Bell with the option try it? Also what are the correct settings to configure it? (you can either post here or pm me)

Thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by marc25v View Post
    Hi,

I just bought a veer and will also be activating it on Bell (actually Solo Mobile )

My question. I currently have an unlimited browser option for my Samsung gravity T (HSPA) and wanted to know if it will still work when I put the sim card from my Samsung to the veer?

Anyone on Bell with the option try it? Also what are the correct settings to configure it? (you can either post here or pm me)

Thanks !
    I'm pretty sure you can't. I know for one thing I lost capped data moving from my Pre Plus to my Veer.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Did you end up subscribing to any data plan? If so how much does it cost and how much data do you need for webos?
    My bf and I both bought Veers -- locked to AT&T -- from ebay for use in Canada on Fido (Rogers). We unlocked via the abovementioned site, bought new $10 SIMs from a Fido store, popped them in, and were good to go on 3G. We haven't been able to get HSPA+ to work yet but when I come back to Seattle I see the little H+ icon, so it may be an issue of Fido/Rogers not rolling out HSPA+ to Vancouver yet, or it may be otherwise incompatible.
    Nevermind, I figured out my activation problem. Love how small this thing is!
    Last edited by Viewtiful_Jon; 09/12/2011 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viewtiful_Jon View Post
    Nevermind, I figured out my activation problem. Love how small this thing is!
    I know right? It is literally HALF the size of my EVO. O_O
    so if I buy an unlock at&t veer from ebay, I will be able to use it on Bell??
    and is it easy to make it work on bell? I've never done that so I have no idea :-P
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vince400 View Post
    so if I buy an unlock at&t veer from ebay, I will be able to use it on Bell??
    and is it easy to make it work on bell? I've never done that so I have no idea :-P
    hi,

I can confirm that setting up a veer on bell is painless. I got it done in less than 1hr with the unlock by digitalunlock
    I have an unlocked pixi plus on rogers works great.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast