Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    So I was trying to move the phone icon off the quick launch bar and onto one of the pages but missed the page and let go. The phone icon disappeared from the launch bar, and is now not on any page either. I can still access the app by going through just type, and it works, but the icon is gone. I tried a restart but nothing happened, and tried going under list apps where it appeared but gave me no option to restore it or do anything with it.

Any idea on how to get it back? I decided to try the webOS butler thing from HP and a very friendly person helpfully took me through making sure I scrolled down every page, and then suggested a restart. At that point she was considering having me send the phone in for repair which is when I disengaged. I would rather not get into a doctor but might try the "Erase Apps & Data" restart next.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Go to Device Info
    At the bottom of the page select More Info
    Select Software
    Scroll down and see if Phone is greyed out...
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    No, it is not greyed out. It is there, and clicking on it gives the basic information and allows you to select "done."

I guess there is no "create icon" from there?
  4. c4r
    Are you sure it's not lingering on the 'Applications' or one of the other app launcher pages?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Sorry, I don't know where to go from there. I just knew to look there when I inadvertantly hid apps.

I'm sure someone smarter than I will be along soon.
    FrankenPre2!!!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Update: I did the erase apps & data restart, relogged in to my profile and the phone icon was there. So that worked. Still not sure what happened, but I know it was in a place where it was not before. Anyway problems solved, fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    Sorry, I don't know where to go from there. I just knew to look there when I inadvertantly hid apps.

I'm sure someone smarter than I will be along soon.
    Thanks for trying. I am no expert but usually can figure things out on my own. This was bedeviling in that it seemed so straight forward but was not there.
    if you didn't try this (didn't see it mentioned), start typing "phone" or whatever app you are looking for to see if it comes up

I have on my Pre lost icons or some other part of launcher and a restart has fixed it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The same thing happened to me, but the phone icon came back onto the System page after I went into the "Device Info" software tab, touched phone, & then done. At least I think that was the cause of the reappearance of the icon-- I may have done other things too. Perhaps someone should investigate what happens when the phone icon is removed from the launcher in a systematic way, & then post in the Bug list?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Just dragging the phone app up off the launcher bar 3 or 4 time now with different pages as the last launcher page viewed, every time went to number 1 spot on applications page. I have 7 pages and applications is not at either end of the pages.

Just moved the phone app to the bottom of my systems page. Then took the icon copy that is in the quick launch bar and it was still on the systems menu where I had left it.

Did it a couple more times, regardless of the last launcher page I was on phone app stays on whatever launcher page it was on before I took it off of quick launch.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...