Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have tried a reset and have never used the headset.

no preware or patches installed.

I tried placing the headset and remove to no avail...

need help... just happened now....
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Usually the trick with this is to just plug the headset back in while an audio source is active and then pull it back out again. Maybe do this a couple of times. It's a ridiculous bug that has been around since the original Palm Pre and I cant' believe they haven't fixed it yet. I just had it happen on my Veer 2 nights ago.. Very frustrating.
  3.    #3  
    isnt there a patch somewhere that prevents this from happening? Can someone ooint me to the right direction?
    This has been happening to me lately because my headphones are on the verge of death. Install the ghastly headset here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...dset-mode.html

To install it, you'll need to use Preware or WebOS Quick Install. It's much easier for me to launch the app and change it than try unplugging/replugging in my headphones while on a call.
    OH NO,say it isn't so!! How can this be happening,when he never used a headset?
    So, he had dirt in the headset jack connector (from being in his pocket,etc.) when he attached it to the Veer? It sounds as if HP is still using the same defective headset jack that is used on my Sprint Pre; the only difference is that it's connected to the Veer via a magnet, instead of being built-in.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    In the old devices, Palm support believes there was no design flaw with the headphone jack... That if your phone gets stuck in headphone mode, it's a problem with your phone only.

The magnetic connector was supposed to make the Veer more pocketable since there was no chance of getting dirt on it while in the pocket.

But there is hope. The fix for the old devices was, as put earlier maybe a little cleaner, or connect everything together and plug the headphones in and out several times sharply. I would usually angle the 3.5mm plug as I pushed it in and out in the direction of the little headphone switch inside the jack.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    The magnetic connector was supposed to make the Veer more pocketable since there was no chance of getting dirt on it while in the pocket.
    The connector is because there is nowhere to put a 3.5 jack internally in the Veer.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by urresidentcomedian View Post
    Dirt may have gotten into the hole and made the little contact inside of it get stuck.
    There is no built in headphone jack in the veer. This is really weird. will try the patch...
    From what I have heard, it also makes a difference how you unplug the magnetic connector. Try pulling it straight off so that the pins all break contact at the same time. That may help.
  11.    #11  
    tried the patch and it works but it returns to headset mode after a while!

this is frustrating
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    seriously? This is a known issue? Ugh
  13.    #13  
    Dirt may have gotten into the hole and made the little contact inside of it get stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    From what I have heard, it also makes a difference how you unplug the magnetic connector. Try pulling it straight off so that the pins all break contact at the same time. That may help.
    tried it several times and still no go
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Can you take it back?
  15.    #15  
    I doctored and it's still the same!
    Last edited by johnj2803; 07/27/2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Hardware issue.
    Could just be a little dirt.
    Try a q-tip dabbed with a little alcohol.
    You are my hero. It seems like my issues with the port are virtually gone. At least for now.

Think they should redesign the connector so that the pins are flush with the connector edge, so dust won't accumulate there.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  18.    #18  
    I just called HP and in order for me to get a replacement phone I have to pay 2 things:

1. $400 deposit until they get the phone
    2. $30 processing fee.

I completely understand number 1. But having to pay a fee of $30 for something that is not my fault is quite something I don't get. They should treat their customers better.

I know $30 is not much but I have had better service than that (not charging) for something not the costumers fault.

Even the cheap bikes at walmart ship you replacements for FREE!! if it was under a manufacturing defect clause!

I will try to go to an ATT store to have this remedied.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    I just called HP and in order for me to get a replacement phone I have to pay 2 things:

1. $400 deposit until they get the phone
    2. $30 processing fee.

I completely understand number 1. But having to pay a fee of $30 for something that is not my fault is quite something I don't get. They should treat their customers better.

I know $30 is not much but I have had better service than that (not charging) for something not the costumers fault.

Even the cheap bikes at walmart ship you replacements for FREE!! if it was under a manufacturing defect clause!

I will try to go to an ATT store to have this remedied.
    I would call them back and remind them this is a warranty replacement. They are currently o vernighting touchpad replacements for free. You really shouldnt even h ave to do the 400 deposit on something like this, but that is understandable.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Actually I correct myself. It DID help with the popping I noticed when touching the connector while playing, but it did NOT cure the unplug and won't get out of headset more.

Funny thing is, it looks like it's software, not hardware. If I leave it playing for a while to pull it, it won't work until I plug in again and unplug. But if I just started playing and unplug it, it works flawlessly.

Also I'm noticing the Music player is having a hard time resuming songs after being left alone for a while. It's the exact problem I've had with my Pre (Plus).
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast