Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    They should have named the veer the HP 007. They could have had commercials with sexy, dangerous looking men running, peeking around corners, scaling buildings in a catsuit, using the phone to do secret agent stuff and take spy pics they later tts with the touchpad. Tagline: "HP 007, travel light and still do it all." or "Travel light, work hard." Then folx would think it was a cool spy phone. I'm still holding out for a pre 3, tho.
    woman, i see you got some wild imagination, you could be a good addition in advertising agencies
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    I wish they would at least try and sell it - not available in Canada and many other countries. With 3 networks here running HPSA+ (evolved GSM) same as ATT, even if the carriers won't carry it, they should sell an unlocked version.
    Just to show support for the Veer, I've overclocked the kernel and provided patches for it.

All I can say is that the Veer at 1.018GHz with my various patches is buttah smooth. =D
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    After 6 weeks with a Veer I am still very happy with it. Still Can't believe how small it is. However the size hasn't caused any troubles. I love it.
    FischOderAal likes this.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Randiesturnings View Post
    After 6 weeks with a Veer I am still very happy with it. Still Can't believe how small it is. However the size hasn't caused any troubles. I love it.
    Me too, and right now I wonder how many veer owners think as I do, that is I wouldn't change my veer for a pre3 for anything!! The form factor is just IT and everyone around me thinks so too !
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    FischOderAal likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Me too, and right now I wonder how many veer owners think as I do, that is I wouldn't change my veer for a pre3 for anything!! The form factor is just IT and everyone around me thinks so too !
    This exactly happened to me.
    After using my pre- I thought I need the pre3 for the bigger Screen.
    After using my pre2 I wasn't sure I need the pre3.
    After using the Veer I think I don't need the pre3 anymore.
    FischOderAal likes this.
    I was already worried that the Pre3 might be too big to fit into my pockets. Now that I have the Veer, I don't think I'll buy a Pre3. The display might be too small for browsing, but for Twitter and Mail it's fine. Especially since I plan on getting a Touchpad (or Touchpad Go, I'm unecided) I think the Veer is the perfect fit for my needs.

The Veer has another advantage: it's f*cking cheap! In one year you can buy another device for the same price and still paid about as much as for the Pre3

With the Pre- I did not feel the need to replace it, as there was no device worth upgrading to (imho). The Pre2 was faster, sure, but that's something you can easily fix via overclocking. Hopefully HP will churn out device after device, each more astonishing than the one before
    somline likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123