Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    just saw your answer after I posted here, forgot to edit this post
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I agree with the OP. I love my Veer. I was a day 1 Pre owner, then Sprintified Pre 2 and Pixi and the Veer is my favorite (granted if the Pre 2 had cliky keys I wouldn't have switched). I would love for bug fixes and TTS to be rolled out but find the veer to meet all my needs: heavy email, RSS, twitter, web etc.
    One thing I noticed is that, people keeps comparing the Veer to the 4"+ slab penile extenders and saying the spec isn't up there.

Let's set the record straight and look at the phones that the Veer actually competes against:

HTC Wildfire S - MSM7227 600MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Gio - MSM7227 600MHz
    SE Xperia Mini Pro - MSM8225 1GHz
    HP Veer - MSM7230 800Mhz

All the phones have 512MB RAM. Heck, the MSM7227 is the same old processor in the Pixi that doesn't support Flash. In that short list, the Veer is only SECOND in terms of specs.

So I fail to see how the Veer is lacking in specs like so many are saying.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I just replaced my Atrix with a Veer. Every time I go back to iOS or Android and give them another chance, I find myself hating them after a couple of months. So glad webOS is still around for me to come back to on new hardware. Oh and the size is awesome. I hate big phones.

Just waiting for my Touchpad to show up from woot now
    I love my Veer. TTS will be awesome.
    I went to an ATT store yesterday (while waiting for my wife to finish a dental appointment.) Got first-hand experience with the Veer. Salesman was no help. I compared it to my Pre-, tried the various functions, etc. I like it. I'm less apprehensive about leaving Sprint when and if they announce they will drop webOS devices and support. My wife currently uses a $40 prepaid phone from ATT. I think she will like a Veer on a family plan. We'll see.
    I am a day 1 Pre owner that switched to AT&T to get the Veer and it meets all my needs. The build quality is so solid. I am shocked at how easily I can type on the keyboard. I get good reception where other AT&T phones have failed. The earpiece is loud and clear. It sounds like a commercial but it is really an engineering masterpiece for the high quality of performance crammed into that little thing. Honestly I bought it expecting to return it as I didn't think it was a serious phone but I had to give it a try because I am such a WebOS fan. Before I knew it, bye bye Sprint and I haven't looked back.
    VCI_Cell and grappler like this.
    Also, using a WebOS device all day long without having to worry about my battery is a new experience for me. If people knew how strong this phone is, they would give it a try. I laughed when I first saw it, and now I am a huge fan of this device. My Pre- looks like a giant brick to me which I never thought I would say. I just picked up a TP over the weekend so the Veer size really feels like the perfect compliment to the TP.
    Hey orange-man...do you use the touchstone charger for your Veer? I have one on my desk, next to my computer, and one in my car. I presume that the original TS will work with the Veer if they worked with our Pre-?
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhiraihnl View Post
    Hey orange-man...do you use the touchstone charger for your Veer? I have one on my desk, next to my computer, and one in my car. I presume that the original TS will work with the Veer if they worked with our Pre-?
    They do.

I made the jump from Sprint to a Veer last Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhiraihnl View Post
    Yes, same for me, one inside the house and one in the car and it works perfectly with the Veer.
    Thanks for the info...I'll wait a while and see what develops on the Sprint/Pre3/webOS situation...As long as my Pre- keeps working, I'm satisfied...

-Ken
    orange-man's experience might as well be a copy-and-paste of my own, right down to the Touchstones.
    We are up to 6 touchstones now...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I am ready to make the move from pre+ to veer (I have the touchpad and would love the smaller phone) BUT I am concerned about the battery. My pre can get me through a round of golf with golfpinfinder... Can the veer?
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnyDuck88 View Post
    I am ready to make the move from pre+ to veer (I have the touchpad and would love the smaller phone) BUT I am concerned about the battery. My pre can get me through a round of golf with golfpinfinder... Can the veer?
    My Veer's battery is SO much better than my Pre when it was new.

That's all I can say.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I just received a free Veer from HP, and unfortunately while I don't have ATT, I do love the factor and build of it. Its an amazing phone. I haven't skipped the sim check yet but I plan on doing that and seeing how well the phone will work.

This phone seems to be built great and feels great in my hands. I wish I could use this as my main phone (until I get my Pre 3 or greater).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnyDuck88 View Post
    I would say the battery should be better, can't speak to the specific use, but the battery life is def better than my Pre was.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I am expecting my new unlocked Veer to arrive within a couple of days for my main business line. I've enjoyed using a Pixi Plus only just over three months, and, as a WiFi-only smartphone, it'll replace my venerable Motorola v3xx as my personal line. I'm hoping the Veer, with webOS 2.1 and upgraded hardware, will be snappier, though I will miss having a flash paired up with the camera. I make this move only because I've had it with the Pre3 delay.
    They should have named the veer the HP 007. They could have had commercials with sexy, dangerous looking men running, peeking around corners, scaling buildings in a catsuit, using the phone to do secret agent stuff and take spy pics they later tts with the touchpad. Tagline: "HP 007, travel light and still do it all." or "Travel light, work hard." Then folx would think it was a cool spy phone. I'm still holding out for a pre 3, tho.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast