Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I tried to install the Harley Davidson theme patch on my Veer and it failed with some errors but when I did a restart, it still changed the theme to Harley but I cannot "Remove" it because it does not recognize it as installed. How do I get the theme back to normal?

Update: A little more info on what was done: I installed the HD Theme using Preware on both my Veer and Pre2. Both installs failed out with an error but the colors and icons did appear. They are not listed in the "Installed Packages" list in Preware so I am unsure how to put the default Veer and Pre2 themes back.
    Last edited by jmbones; 07/27/2011 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Perhaps a visit to the webos doctor?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Perhaps, but I'm not familiar with it. How do I run it and will it change anything else on the phone that I currently have setup?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbones View Post
    Perhaps, but I'm not familiar with it. How do I run it and will it change anything else on the phone that I currently have setup?
    Doctor will erase everything.

I think you can try Emergency Patch Restore first. Look for it in Preware.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

When you say "everything" do you mean all contacts, data, normal apps, pictures, etc? or just Preware patches and stuff I installed with Preware?
    Last edited by jmbones; 07/27/2011 at 07:22 AM.

This and also did Jason make a 2.x version of WebOS Recovery (I think that's what he calls it). I'll try and give a quick look.

edit: WebOS Repair Utility, hasn't been updated for a while and some users in the thread below are having problems using with 2.x. I tweeted Jason to see if it's 2.x/Veer compatible.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 07/27/2011 at 10:27 AM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I did the Emergency Patch Restore and it did not return my theme to default. It removed all my patches though. If I try to reinstall any of them they all result in errors now. Let me know about the WebOS Recovery or any other thoughts. Sound more and more like a wipe with the Dr. eh?

Thx!
    Jason just got back at me, hasn't been updated for 2.x or 3.x, said if it is updated, won't be in the near future.

Looks like you will have to dr. Honestly haven't themed the Veer (just custom background), and it's been a LOOONG time since I had any stuck element on the Pre's.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Will the utility at least work for the Pre2? Also when I try to download webosdr for my Verizon Pre2, it wants to auto run the utility with Java. Where can I actually download the ~200mb file and save it to my folder with the repair utility?

Edit: Found the right Dr version, looks like the repair utility won't work with the Pre2. I am also getting the build version mismatch error as others have in the thread you mentioned.
    Last edited by jmbones; 07/27/2011 at 11:28 AM.
    yeah jason said any 2.x or 3.x won't be compatible
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    That sux. Seemed like an easy to use tool to fix problems without blowing everything away. Someone should create a "Default Theme" that one can install to take colors/icons back to the way they were for their specific device.
    There is one for the Pre's. Just not enough Veers out there yet. I dunno if we have any Veer owners that are theme makers, and I don't have the time (at least not any time in the near future).
    What happens if you try installing another theme?
    Yeah I forgot to suggest that, I think I might have done that once.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Which theme? I want it as close to default as possible. This is for the Veer and the Pre2. What is the default theme for the Pre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbones View Post
    Which theme? I want it as close to default as possible. This is for the Veer and the Pre2. What is the default theme for the Pre2?
    Have you also tried installing the same theme again on top of the failed theme, then removing it?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Have you also tried installing the same theme again on top of the failed theme, then removing it?
    Yes I tried several times. Each time it comes back with errors and the install fails. Then it is not listed in "Installed" and I cannot remove it.
    if you are comfortable with using internalz I have deleted the directory a theme is in before then put on a new one and all was well. Problem is that was a long time ago and I can't tell you what directory it was.

Also if you are not comfortable, with this, you could end up deleting the wrong thing and be worse off than you are now. So I really wouldn't recommend it for someone that is not comfortable with computers and file directories.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Resolved the Pre2. Docotored it this morning. Thx everyone for the suggestions. I will be doctoring the Veer next.

Update: Veer resolved. Docotored it.

Neither took very long and I only had about 20 patches installed so it was easy to reinstall them over Wifi. Dang these Veers take forever to restart.
    Last edited by jmbones; 07/28/2011 at 08:37 AM.
    My Veer has been awesome on restart (this is compared to my original Pre though).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast