Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1  
    Cell phones to avoid - CNET Reviews

    I have no intentions on getting a Veer, but I do not think it deserves to be lumped into that group. Feel free to merge this if its already been posted I didnt look long.
  2. #2  
    Shocking news! Cnet concluded that the perfect screen size was the same as the iPhone! Astonishing!!
    somline, Rnp, gollyzila and 1 others like this.
  3.    #3  
    Somehow Cent gave the Trender? a higher rating than the veer and the public gave it 1.5 stars where the veer is rocking 3.5. Hate much lately cnet?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Cell phones to avoid - CNET Reviews

    I have no intentions on getting a Veer, but I do not think it deserves to be lumped into that group. Feel free to merge this if its already been posted I didnt look long.
    Doesn't the fact that you have no intentions of getting a Veer mean you're...well...avoiding it?
  5. #5  
    Clubic, which is affiliated to cnet, also has demolished the touchpad to say that ipad 2 was the best.

    If you want my opinion, it seems that someone has got a good check from some well known corporation.

    I hate apple more and more these past weeks...

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  6. #6  
    Putz! The CNet show the Veer as CDMA!! It's a joke??

    PatacaparŠu...


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  7. #7  
    I don't think the veer should have made the avoid list, as long as you know what you are getting then it's fine. Small form factor and screen size are apparent at the store, what may not be apparent is the lack of standard audio jack & power plug (if someone is taking a quick look) so I can understand that gripe..
  8. #8  
    time to write a review on CNET.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I played with the veer. I don't know who came up with that idea. The pre is alreay small. Why would you need smaller?
    Why would you need bigger?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    lukehale likes this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Morons to avoid: Jessica Dolcourt
    I tried to click it
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Clubic, which is affiliated to cnet, also has demolished the touchpad to say that ipad 2 was the best.

    If you want my opinion, it seems that someone has got a good check from some well known corporation.

    I hate apple more and more these past weeks...

    -- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Its not like they have a dedicated employee to cover everything Apple...o that is right they do.
    mikehalliday likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Doesn't the fact that you have no intentions of getting a Veer mean you're...well...avoiding it?
    If it was on At&t I would consider it, but I have no intention of leaving Sprint.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Bigger is better. Not everyone has tiny fingers or likes to squint. The screen is so small you have to do a lot of scrolling.
    Not everyone wants to carry around an adapter to charge or to use headphones. That alone is a reason this phone should be avoided.
    I like how you answered this.

    Bigger is not always better. I like having a phone I can drop in my pocket and not worry about it.

    Don't need tiny fingers at all, actually a lot of the folks on these forums using this phone are decent sized males.

    Depends on what you are using the phone for to how much scrolling you must do.

    No carrying an adapter for me, bluetooth and touchstone.


    What should be avoided is purchasing a device without properly researching the device and how it meets your needs.



    See all your reasons were personal opinion, if you can't understand that your needs are not everyone elses, you should probably stay away from the internet in general. People have different needs and different opinions, especially when it comes to electronic devices.



    edit: forgot to add the Veer is much more functional than my Pre on a day to day basis (and my pre was in perfect physical condition).
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 07/26/2011 at 02:36 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    BlueTuna and Rnp like this.
  14. #14  
    Meh. I can decide what phone I want to use and fits my needs.

    The Veer doesn't fit my need perfectly right now, but it'll hold me down while I find something better.

    I know for one thing a huge screened slate phone does NOT fit my need.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  15. #15  
    The Veer suits me really well, and that's why I chose it.

    I understand some people who spend a lot of time on their phone like bigger screens (I had an Iphone before, so I know what I say), but for simple uses (meaning no big games like FF or NFS) like news, mails, and the like, it fits perfectly!

    As a matter of fact, I was a little dubitative about the size, but since I have it I must say that it is a little jewel.

    Those tempted by tiny form factors can't dislike this phone. It does everything HP says it does, and for the bugs I didn't saw much more than on my iPhone...
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  16.    #16  
    Touchpad was #3 on this weeks top5 so I guess HP's ads are working.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I like how you answered this.

    Bigger is not always better. I like having a phone I can drop in my pocket and not worry about it.

    Don't need tiny fingers at all, actually a lot of the folks on these forums using this phone are decent sized males.

    Depends on what you are using the phone for to how much scrolling you must do.

    No carrying an adapter for me, bluetooth and touchstone.


    What should be avoided is purchasing a device without properly researching the device and how it meets your needs.



    See all your reasons were personal opinion, if you can't understand that your needs are not everyone elses, you should probably stay away from the internet in general. People have different needs and different opinions, especially when it comes to electronic devices.



    edit: forgot to add the Veer is much more functional than my Pre on a day to day basis (and my pre was in perfect physical condition).
    +1 to this entire post.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    lukehale likes this.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I am 100% sure that my needs represent a high percentage of the market while your needs for a tiny phone with an adopter for headphone is tiny .
    I am 100% sure that most of the tech discussed on these forums and the devices we own represent a small percentage of the market and an even smaller percentage of need.

    we may have or find uses for this tech, but a need is a stretch. I have yet to meet the person that *needs* a 3D mobile phone. Sure maybe some folks have a real need for a tablet computer, but most could use a laptop.

    I dont *need* a 4 inch screen when most of what I *need* my phone for can be done on the Veer screen. I struggle to think of where I would need the Pre screen size or larger where I wouldnt be near a computer, with my touchpad, or brought my Pre because I had a specific *need* for it that day.

    maybe I am to honest and literal with real world application, but this is reality. People *need* certain features to show them off. I *need* what works for me, I would prefer to have what fits my needs, and if that attracts less attention than the 4inch screen I am fine with that.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    lukehale, VCI_Cell and micahdg like this.
  19. #19  
    There isn't much wrong with the Veer if you want a small, light and reasonably cheap smartphone.

    Mind you, that market segment is either a niche or simply untapped.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    You act as if the 3d feature gets in the way of anything. You don't need it then don't use it. It is optional.

    You miss my point though. My point is why did they make such a tiny phone when they already have several small phones that all failed in the market? Makes no sense to me.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    sir you miss my point, NOBODY NEEDS 3D.

    as far as so many small phones, this phone is far smaller than the Pre, this makes me think you have not held or used the phone.

    regardless you are still speaking from your desire of a phone and this is the first time in his thread you have said anything about the market, only what you want in a phone.

    at this point I am truly perplexed as to why you would visit this subforum, let alone find a need to post in the forum PrPrPr $this$ $thread$.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions