Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Bigger is better. Not everyone has tiny fingers or likes to squint. The screen is so small you have to do a lot of scrolling.
    Not everyone wants to carry around an adapter to charge or to use headphones. That alone is a reason this phone should be avoided.
    In your opinion of course. I don't need a big *** phone. The Pre 3's size is perfect if not too big.
    Isn't it the same refrain again and again: "mine is bigger than yours, nanana" ?

If you represent the majority of the consumers, I'm really scared for our future seeing how you are so intolerant^^

But I bet you're just too juvenile to understand what people are trying to say here...

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    You act as if the 3d feature gets in the way of anything. You don't need it then don't use it. It is optional.

You miss my point though. My point is why did they make such a tiny phone when they already have several small phones that all failed in the market? Makes no sense to me.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

What's wrong with putting out phones that hit every niche or market segment? Is this not a good idea because apple doesn't do it (yet)?

I used to look forward to a 4" webos device and thought I would enjoyw hatever the pre3 is supposed to have, but after a week of handling my new veer, my old pre feels like an oversized cumbersome slab of plastic in my hand. I'm lovin the veer's compact design.

This is all my opinion, mind you. I'm humble enough to know the veer is not for everybody, but it's hardly for nobody.
    Just to throw in my two cents.

I just got a veer today to compliment my touchpad. This veer is LEAPS AND BOUNDS abo e my pre-. I had my pre- overclocked and tricked out and everything, but this veer out of the box, beats the crap out of it.

No issues at all with it, period. This thing has been fantastic.
    Well... if my Pre 2 is big to my wife, somebody can imagine if I give a Galaxy S2 to her?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Isn't it the same refrain again and again: "mine is bigger than yours, nanana" ?

If you represent the majority of the consumers, I'm really scared for our future seeing how you are so intolerant^^

But I bet you're just too juvenile to understand what people are trying to say here...

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    You know what that reminds me of? The "mine phase". You know, like in babies? When the world just revolves around them and everything is theirs and it's always "me me me".
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You know what that reminds me of? The "mine phase". You know, like in babies? When the world just revolves around them and everything is theirs and it's always "me me me".
    Unfortunatly this is the world of today :/
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    That is unfortunate. I have had my Veer for over 2 weeks now and I love this phone. I figured since I have an iPad with Verizon 3G, a small AT&T (only provider I've ever had) phone would serve me well. I was right. My old Samsung Captivate feels gigantic to me now.

For reference, I love all technology and gadgets. I have Macs (love 'em), an iPhone (loved it), an iPad (love it), an Android phone (meh), a self-built Gaming PC (love it) and many legacy gadgets including some old Palm devices. I think WebOS is the best communication device OS on the market, thanks to this phone (I do want to try Windows Phone 7 next). I think the whole WebOS ecosystem is very nice - the Touchstone is the coolest accessory ever. I even like the physical keyboard way more than I thought I would (my first physical keyboard device).

The bottom line is, I think I am pretty reasonable about these things and I can see a lot of people getting in to WebOS if it made more public appearances. I will try to whip mine out and sing its praises whenever I can. I also think more people can get by with smaller phones again now that the tablet age has begun. I like the small phone, big tablet combo better than one medium sized device. Certainly not everyone agrees with this, but I think it is far from niche.
    I also think more people can get by with smaller phones again now that the tablet age has begun. I like the small phone, big tablet combo better than one medium sized device. Certainly not everyone agrees with this, but I think it is far from niche.
    Totally agree with that !
    Veer is great for someone not looking for a big smartphone. It serves a niche market. That said, the proprietary magnetic port for headphone/charging is ******** and to me, that's a valid reason to avoid this phone.
    @ MicahDG

OMG your sig is so funny!!!!!
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Cell phones to avoid - CNET Reviews

I have no intentions on getting a Veer, but I do not think it deserves to be lumped into that group. Feel free to merge this if its already been posted I didnt look long.
    i have a veer and it's one of the best phones ever. nothing wrong with it.
    That said, the proprietary magnetic port for headphone/charging is ******** and to me, that's a valid reason to avoid this phone.
    Dunno why people hate those... just plug you earplugs in the magnetic port and let it in. That's it.

Actually, when in my car it is finally far easier to plug the earplugs while driving now with the magnetic plug. I don't need to watch what I am doing anymore, can focus on the road. Then call or take calls
    Dunno why people hate those... just plug you earplugs in the magnetic port and let it in. That's it.

Actually, when in my car it is finally far easier to plug the earplugs while driving now with the magnetic plug. I don't need to watch what I am doing anymore, can focus on the road. Then call or take calls
    I don't have a Veer so my comment may not weight as much compared to someone with one...

But in terms of concept, I don't like it. Once you lose it, well, you're hosed. Don't lose it? Well knowing my track record for losing things, I don't trust myself. Plus, it just seems cheating in design. They couldn't fit a headphone or usb port so they made an external attachment which then adds to the bulk, which is the antithesis of what the Veer was designed for. That is like a Thinkpad with a 6-cell battery that sticks out (not flush) that's now like a standard design element when other manufacturers have 6-cells flush to the body.

Finally, why can't everyone just use micro usb ports! I've got enough cables already. Don't need to carry yet another proprietary one.
    For everyone that is on the charging port thing.... touchstones are 4.97 a piece with free 2 day shipping (in the US that is).

I truly understand why people dislike the adapter(s), but that is part of the evaluation of purchase. The wife and I considered this in our evaluation before purchase and during our 30 day trial (that is almost up), we are both happy and have already cancelled our Sprint plan and stopped carrying the Pre's.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Well I'm all for it PROVIDED it works properly and I can actually get spare adapters.

But so far I'm not perfectly impressed. I'm getting headphone problems worse than my Pre Plus (won't snap out of headset mode), and I can't buy any spare ones in-store. Only HP.com has it, not even AT&T.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Well I'm all for it PROVIDED it works properly and I can actually get spare adapters.

But so far I'm not perfectly impressed. I'm getting headphone problems worse than my Pre Plus (won't snap out of headset mode), and I can't buy any spare ones in-store. Only HP.com has it, not even AT&T.
    Don't have this headset mode problem... I think that spare adapters will be available some day in other stores. Just a matter of time and there's no hurry I think.

But what I meant was, it's not a very good idea for everyone, but for me it is (was) not a reason not to buy the Veer. The adapter sticks very well to the headset jack (it's hard to remove) and once it is plugged in, it's hard to lose (or you'll also lose your headset. Compromise, but not deal breaker I assume.
    i'd guess that not too far in the future we will start seeing veer/touchpad bundles, which is a perfect combination. tiny phone that can be used for the basic telco needs a everyone has, as well as turn it into a mobile hotspot to use together with the touchpad for more elaborate needs.

I don't see the need for big phones, for folks that are taking their tablets everywhere. And if you by any chance don't have your tablet on you, the veer can still cover all your needs.....

I have had this once, funny enough it was within a few hours of me reading you and someone else posting about the issue. Only time it's happened so far though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12