1.    #1  
    I had previously purchased music from itunes for my ipod. Is there anyway to download that music into the Veer or am I out of luck?

Thanks for any help,
    craig
    if it isn't protected by DRM, you can copy it directly from your mac to the touchpad USB partition from the finder.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    If you like the whole syncing thing instead of dragging and dropping you can download the HP Play beta.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if it isn't protected by DRM, you can copy it directly from your mac to the touchpad USB partition from the finder.
    I'm not too smart....english please :-)
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    How long ago did you purchase music from iTunes?

In the beginning of 2009 Apple stopped using DRM (Digital Rights Management) on their music, meaning anything purchased after that will work on your Touchpad. If you purchased it before that and didn't pay to upgrade everything to non-DRM, then it will only work on iDevices.

So, as long as you are not using DRM files, you can either drag and drop those music files into a music folder on your Touchpad, or, you can use a syncing solution like HP Play, which scans your iTunes library and will allow you to select playlists and specific music for it to copy to the Touchpad. I opted for the latter because it keeps my music all organized more cleanly.
    put simply, if they are .mp3 files, you can play them on other devices. If not, it will depend on whether they are protected or not. One way to check that is to see if you can convert them to .mp3
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    How long ago did you purchase music from iTunes?

In the beginning of 2009 Apple stopped using DRM (Digital Rights Management) on their music, meaning anything purchased after that will work on your Touchpad. If you purchased it before that and didn't pay to upgrade everything to non-DRM, then it will only work on iDevices.

So, as long as you are not using DRM files, you can either drag and drop those music files into a music folder on your Touchpad, or, you can use a syncing solution like HP Play, which scans your iTunes library and will allow you to select playlists and specific music for it to copy to the Touchpad. I opted for the latter because it keeps my music all organized more cleanly.
    Thanks. I'll probably try the HP Play to go from my Mac to the Veer (if I'm understanding correctly). I don't own a Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    That'll work