Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    After a reset, you have to open and close the slider once to get the lock back. I don't know why, but it's a confirmed bug.

Also for the squirrely touchscreen, have you tried carrying the Veer with the screen facing away from your body? I think what's happening is the screen turns on when you get a notification or when the slide moves a bit too much, and then your leg activates the unlock accidentally.

The capacitive touchscreen is VERY sensitive. Humid air is more conductive, and sweat is also very conductive. So it's very easy to accidentally unlock and then do things. All of which is solved by facing the screen out.
    thanks jbg, didnt know about the lock icon.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Is that what they are talking about? I haven't had any problems with the screen and it was 114º one day last week. Since I have had it our temps have been 100º+ every day. My iPhone overheated (got the yellow overheat triangle) several times, but that was because I didn't have it in my pocket.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanveer View Post
    Is that what they are talking about? I haven't had any problems with the screen and it was 114º one day last week. Since I have had it our temps have been 100º+ every day. My iPhone overheated (got the yellow overheat triangle) several times, but that was because I didn't have it in my pocket.
    Is what what they were talking about?

On my phone the touchscreen will sometimes not respond or it will respond like your finger is on it when it's not and do all sorts of strange stuff.
    On my phone the touchscreen will sometimes not respond or it will respond like your finger is on it when it's not and do all sorts of strange stuff.
    When it is humid yes. Not too annoying though. Just have to know.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    When it is humid yes. Not too annoying though. Just have to know.
    For many days in Beijing and Seoul and on trains and planes it was terribly annoying. Second Veer with screen protector seems to do better but I'm in AC much more now than last week in Asia.
    I need to order some screen protectors/skins for our phones. I know it's gorilla glass, but the finger prints bug the hell out of me, and had one time where the proximity sensor went crazy (was fine once I wiped the glass down in that area).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I had an old one from some winblows mobile phone I had a few years back and trimmed it down. At some point I want to get one that is designed for the veer, but this one is working well at keeping the fingerprints and the squirrely touchscreen behavior to a minimum.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Mize,
    my wife has had the same issue as you with the squirrelly behavior on her first Veer. I didn't believe her until I witnessed it first hand. I called Palm tech support about it and they suggested doctoring it which I did, which of course did not help. I replaced it at the AT&T store (we had Veer #1 for 13 days). The replacement was fine until she had it for a week and then it started that behavior as well. I have NEVER had this behavior with my unlocked Pre² and I am borderline abusive with it from a heat management standpoint so I assumed that this issue was a result of a failure in AT&T's carrier customizations. I was planning to buy her an unlocked Veer but if you guys are having this issue because of heat, then I don't see how a new phone will resolve the issue.

We have not tried a screen protector so I ordered one today and will report back once it arrives. In the interim, have any of you purchased an unlocked Veer, and if so, are you having this issue?
    Thanks!
    Unlocked veer, issue :/

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123