Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By excimer
  1.    #1  
    I'm an original pre user on sprint. Just about at the end of my rope. I want a new device and can't wait on sprint to just not get the pre 3.

anyone out there have experience with both the veer and the pre 2 who will give me advice on which to get?

if it makes a difference I probably will grab a pre 3 when it comes out anyway.

making my decision in less than 2 weeks.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I have a Pre 2 and have played with a Veer a fair amount. Given my horrible luck with AT&T, if I were you I'd sign up for a Verizon account without a contract, buy a Pre 2 on Craigslist, eBay, or here in the marketplace section, and use it until the Pre 3 comes out when you have the upgrade to get it at a better price. Just my 2 cents. I'm biased though.
    frenki pre if you want to stay with sprint
    pre 2
    choose your carrier first. Both phones are amazing...
    As Cantaffordit said, carrier first, then your phone.

Both are great phones, and the speed difference between the two is negligible.

The Veer is ridiculously tiny, lacks a micro USB port, and doesn't have as many available apps as the Pre 2.

The Verizon Pre 2 is somewhat bulky compared to mode modern phones, ships with a buggy version of webOS (meta-doctorable to 2.1) and though better than your Pre, isn't as solidly built as the Veer is or Pre3 will be.

If you can, my advice is to hold out a few months longer for the Pre3, which looks likely for both AT&T and Verizon. That'll be the phone you'll really be happy with.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    own a p2, tried the veer at at&t store. For me, veer is just too small. I suggest you try both.

p2 is built well and fast. There are some minor sw quality issues (minor for me anyway).

I don't anticipate moving to p3 (don't want a bigger phone) but I do hope HP makes an effort on webOS 2.x quality.
    I second Mr. Kessler's recommendation of the Pre 3. That's the phone everyone should hold out for =P
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

9.    #9  
    it sounds like my best bet is to hold out for the pre3. thanks for the advice.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    own pre 2 and Veer. Love love Veer. Very usable keyboard. Smaller but better than pre. Fast and very well made. I will not get a pre3 as the veer is great and size is perfect. Battery life also better on Veer. I get 50 to 75 emails daily and 2 hour conference calls.
    lukehale likes this.
    after owning a pre plus i wanted the pre3 as my next phone when it comes out but after having bought a veer, i dont think i would want a bigger phone. i really like the small form factor and going from the veer to the pre, it just makes it seem really bulky.

the veer is very small and is not for everyone. im probobly one of many who highly criticize the veer being small but after holding it and using it, i had a change of mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    after owning a pre plus i wanted the pre3 as my next phone when it comes out but after having bought a veer, i dont think i would want a bigger phone. i really like the small form factor and going from the veer to the pre, it just makes it seem really bulky.
    Same here. I'm excited about the added features and screen size of the Pre3, but I've grown so attached to my Veer's pocketability and feel in the hand that I don't know if I can give it up! It's so nice to have a smartphone this tiny.
    I am really liking my Veer, Pre3 would be cool and I would still like to own.

Seriously though, today being the first day I am not carrying both the Veer and original Pre, the Pre looks huge next to the Veer. Mainly I am happy we went with the Veer because we are now on GSM and I am not tied to carrier restrictions so much as we were on Sprint.

I don't know if I will end up getting a Pre3 long run, the Veer for $.01 and free 2 day shipping was good for me to get away from Sprint and into newer versions of WebOS. The money saved not buying new phones went to the purchase of the Touchpad.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I bought the veer too thinking that I would just use it for my 30 day trial period (AT&T) and then trade it in for the pre3. After a few days of use I can honestly say I'm hooked...love the form factor and keyboard. Great phone if you give it time.
    Quote Originally Posted by a320kid View Post
    I bought the veer too thinking that I would just use it for my 30 day trial period (AT&T) and then trade it in for the pre3. After a few days of use I can honestly say I'm hooked...love the form factor and keyboard. Great phone if you give it time.
    we even picked up a used iphone from family so my wife could give it a shot (we knew we wanted to get off sprint and go gsm but the iphone could have left one line off contract). After a few days with the veers and playing with the iphone we were both fine with keeping the veers. No desire to send them back, still under our 30 days for about a week.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I played with a Veer at the AT&T store and it's just too small for me. For someone with smaller hands I am sure it's a good device. The Pre2 is great and honestly I don't see myself going to a Pre 3, don't need/want a bigger phone...