Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    Since I didn't buy the phone to use it on AT&T, I don't need to Rethink Possible ever friggin time I rebooted my phone.

Go to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images using Internalz or Novacom, there's a file called att-bootup-logo.png. Rename it to something else (I added .dis at the end), and voila, it's gone. Maybe it's placebo effect, but it seems to shave some time off booting.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    like to get cingular logo, i always liked it. i was with cingular before they became at&t
  3.    #3  
    As requested. Just replace the file.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Go to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images using Internalz or Novacom, there's a file called att-bootup-logo.png. Rename it to something else (I added .dis at the end), and voila, it's gone. Maybe it's placebo effect, but it seems to shave some time off booting.
    How to rename that file using Internalz?

if I delete this file... any risk?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    How to rename that file using Internalz?

if I delete this file... any risk?
    Tap on it, in the menu tap Info. Tap the name and it should become editable.

I would just rename it, but I don't see why deleting would cause problems. But it's not like you're saving much space anyways, the file is 28kb.

I think you have to enable "Master Mode" (at the very bottom) in the preferences to be able to rename it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinampLlama View Post
    I think you have to enable "Master Mode" (at the very bottom) in the preferences to be able to rename it.
    Yup must view only directory when not in master mode.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  9.    #9  
    Checked for Pre 3 this does NOT work. The file is relocated and I can't find where it is yet.

Checked for Pre 3 this does NOT work. The file is relocated and I can't find where it is yet.
    I would say I feel bad for you... But you have a Pre3... so I don't
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    sweet... now to replace this with a T-mobile one when my veer gets back from warranty

thnx for the info
    An original (blue) palm logo would be a cool replacement. Thinking about it, it wont hurt on the back cover either.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    here is one i found i have resized it just rename it to the same name and replace the original.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'd like to add my own personal image with my name on it so just in case if my phone got lost or stolen, the person who found it would get annoyed each time the phone does a boot-up. What is the exact size of the image?
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Black TouchPad 32Gb running smooth @1.8Ghz/F15c kernel - White Veer-DigitalUnlock(ed)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Quote Originally Posted by T2T3 View Post
    I'd like to add my own personal image with my name on it so just in case if my phone got lost or stolen, the person who found it would get annoyed each time the phone does a boot-up. What is the exact size of the image?
    My guess would be 320x400 the native resolution of the veer display. Setting it to that size also means the phone doesn't need to waste any time resizing the image, if the image display process resizes by default.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    yes it is the size
    so I took one of my favorite photographs and added my own personal greetings to it. Then I converted the .jpg into .png in order for the Veer system to recognize it. I then deleted the original "att-bootup-logo.png" usin Internalz and renamed mine with the exact name, "att-bootup-logo.png" and reboot the Veer. Voila! it works! Now i have my own personal greetings whenever I restart the Veer! Yay!! thanks everyone for your help!
    Black TouchPad 32Gb running smooth @1.8Ghz/F15c kernel - White Veer-DigitalUnlock(ed)
    HP should have removed the AT&T boot logo in the 2.2.3 update.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    paris.hilton likes this.
    Veer not Pre 3, no 2.2.3
    Since I didn't buy the phone to use it on AT&T, I don't need to Rethink Possible ever friggin time I rebooted my phone.

Sound great!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast