Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    This is great! I can't stand extraneous carrier branding... especially that Death Star logo for AT&T.

Now... does anyone have a method of removing the silk-screened logo on the back of the device, without screwing up the soft-touch finish?
    Last edited by jvanhou; 10/08/2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Extraneous quoting, removed without screwing up soft-touch posting...
    Heres what im usin!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pretty koo!
    so I have to ask. How do I replace the hp boot with the palm boot from my pixi? On a side note, does anyone else find it ironic that the veer spell check doesn't recognize HP?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    For the Pre3 the file is:

/usr/lib/luna/customization/images/carrier-boot-logo.png
    Is there a max file size of what one can throw in to replace the carrier boot logo? I considered putting one of the new webOS.O.S. images up (http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/...s-seal-800.jpg), but converted to PNG it's over 700 kb...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post

thanks for tracking that down. now my Pre3 is fully de-branded. I've gently rubbed the AT&T logo off the back, and now the boot logo is gone too. I'd like to get rid of the HP branding too, but that is going to be a bit more difficult.

edit: ok, I went one further. I took the Palm logo provided by kngkelly above and modified it for the Pre3 (yes, yes, I know this is a Veer thread, so ban me) and put it in place. now at the end of the boot-up the HP logo switches to the nice blue palm logo on a black background, then zoom-fades away. much nicer than the at&t deathstar. attached for your pleasure.

edit 2: just so you can't say I didn't contribute anything for the Veer, I went ahead and attached a Veer-sized version of the black-background logo. each one is named correctly for the given device.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 10/30/2011 at 01:36 AM.
    Cool johnsonx42 !!!

For us that we remain Palm fans that logo is a must !!

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I've gently rubbed the AT&T logo off the back
    What did you use to rub off the AT&T logo? I really want to do this myself, but I'm afraid that it will leave scratches on the back cover.
    In which folder of pre 3 can I find the file to be replaced ? Using Internalz pro.
    Last edited by nathanail; 11/14/2011 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanail View Post
    In which folder of pre 3 can I find the file to be replaced ? Using Internalz pro.

Copied from above, Thanks LurkerX
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    thanks for tracking that down. now my Pre3 is fully de-branded. I've gently rubbed the AT&T logo off the back, and now the boot logo is gone too. I'd like to get rid of the HP branding too, but that is going to be a bit more difficult.

edit: ok, I went one further. I took the Palm logo provided by kngkelly above and modified it for the Pre3 (yes, yes, I know this is a Veer thread, so ban me) and put it in place. now at the end of the boot-up the HP logo switches to the nice blue palm logo on a black background, then zoom-fades away. much nicer than the at&t deathstar. attached for your pleasure.

edit 2: just so you can't say I didn't contribute anything for the Veer, I went ahead and attached a Veer-sized version of the black-background logo. each one is named correctly for the given device.
    Brilliant! Worked perfectly!

Now, how do we get rid of the glowing HP thingy? (Pre 3)
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post

Copied from above, Thanks LurkerX
    Entering with internalz pro the folders I can see are :

.developer
    .videoplayer
    dbdata
    DCIM
    downloads
    ringtones
    wallpapers

that's all.

Is anywhere any hidded folder ?
    are you sure you're running Internalz PRO from preware, and not the regular Internalz from the App Catalog?
    Yes...

Internalz pro v1.50 from preware. I can't buy that one from App catalog as I am not located in US.
    Forgive my noobish ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    As requested. Just replace the file.

Think I prefer this one:
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/15/2011 at 03:29 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    This is such an awesome thread. I finally got rid of that death star logo!
    here's another
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    can't find boot logo location in my hp veer usr/...folder does not exist
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    so, how to remove the at&t logo on the back? it's the only thing left to fully debrand my veer...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast