Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #21  
    This is great! I can't stand extraneous carrier branding... especially that Death Star logo for AT&T.

    Now... does anyone have a method of removing the silk-screened logo on the back of the device, without screwing up the soft-touch finish?
    Last edited by jvanhou; 10/08/2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Extraneous quoting, removed without screwing up soft-touch posting...
  2. #22  
    Heres what im usin!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3. #23  
    Pretty koo!
  4. #24  
    so I have to ask. How do I replace the hp boot with the palm boot from my pixi? On a side note, does anyone else find it ironic that the veer spell check doesn't recognize HP?
  5. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #25  
    For the Pre3 the file is:

    /usr/lib/luna/customization/images/carrier-boot-logo.png
  6. #26  
    Is there a max file size of what one can throw in to replace the carrier boot logo? I considered putting one of the new webOS.O.S. images up (http://cdn.precentral.net/resources/...s-seal-800.jpg), but converted to PNG it's over 700 kb...
    [ everythingsablur ]

    Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    For the Pre3 the file is:

    /usr/lib/luna/customization/images/carrier-boot-logo.png
    thanks for tracking that down. now my Pre3 is fully de-branded. I've gently rubbed the AT&T logo off the back, and now the boot logo is gone too. I'd like to get rid of the HP branding too, but that is going to be a bit more difficult.

    edit: ok, I went one further. I took the Palm logo provided by kngkelly above and modified it for the Pre3 (yes, yes, I know this is a Veer thread, so ban me) and put it in place. now at the end of the boot-up the HP logo switches to the nice blue palm logo on a black background, then zoom-fades away. much nicer than the at&t deathstar. attached for your pleasure.

    edit 2: just so you can't say I didn't contribute anything for the Veer, I went ahead and attached a Veer-sized version of the black-background logo. each one is named correctly for the given device.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 10/30/2011 at 01:36 AM.
  8. #28  
    Cool johnsonx42 !!!

    For us that we remain Palm fans that logo is a must !!

    Thanks.
  9. Fredriksen's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I've gently rubbed the AT&T logo off the back
    What did you use to rub off the AT&T logo? I really want to do this myself, but I'm afraid that it will leave scratches on the back cover.
  10. #30  
    In which folder of pre 3 can I find the file to be replaced ? Using Internalz pro.
    Last edited by nathanail; 11/14/2011 at 01:47 PM.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanail View Post
    In which folder of pre 3 can I find the file to be replaced ? Using Internalz pro.
    For the Pre3 the file is:

    /usr/lib/luna/customization/images/carrier-boot-logo.png

    Copied from above, Thanks LurkerX
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    thanks for tracking that down. now my Pre3 is fully de-branded. I've gently rubbed the AT&T logo off the back, and now the boot logo is gone too. I'd like to get rid of the HP branding too, but that is going to be a bit more difficult.

    edit: ok, I went one further. I took the Palm logo provided by kngkelly above and modified it for the Pre3 (yes, yes, I know this is a Veer thread, so ban me) and put it in place. now at the end of the boot-up the HP logo switches to the nice blue palm logo on a black background, then zoom-fades away. much nicer than the at&t deathstar. attached for your pleasure.

    edit 2: just so you can't say I didn't contribute anything for the Veer, I went ahead and attached a Veer-sized version of the black-background logo. each one is named correctly for the given device.
    Brilliant! Worked perfectly!

    Now, how do we get rid of the glowing HP thingy? (Pre 3)
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    For the Pre3 the file is:

    /usr/lib/luna/customization/images/carrier-boot-logo.png

    Copied from above, Thanks LurkerX
    Entering with internalz pro the folders I can see are :

    .developer
    .videoplayer
    dbdata
    DCIM
    downloads
    ringtones
    wallpapers


    that's all.

    Is anywhere any hidded folder ?
  14. #34  
    are you sure you're running Internalz PRO from preware, and not the regular Internalz from the App Catalog?
  15. #35  
    Yes...

    Internalz pro v1.50 from preware. I can't buy that one from App catalog as I am not located in US.
    Forgive my noobish ignorance.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    As requested. Just replace the file.

    Think I prefer this one:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/15/2011 at 03:29 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  17. kamalot's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    #37  
    This is such an awesome thread. I finally got rid of that death star logo!
  18. #38  
    here's another
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  19. #39  
    can't find boot logo location in my hp veer usr/...folder does not exist
  20. padula's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #40  
    so, how to remove the at&t logo on the back? it's the only thing left to fully debrand my veer...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions