Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is it unbelievable to anyone else that they haven't released an update to fix the SMS lag? I don't understand the lack of software updates so far.
    at first i didnt think it was that bad but it really is. half a second to a second is ok for me but sometimes/most of the time its much longer. sms i think i can live with but the delay in messaging really sucks.

would like to see this fixed in the next update whenever that would be
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    An update for SMS lag, I'm in!
    EA

Veer
    eh hasnt bothered me much yet and I text rapidly..... Dont use messaging though
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I would pay for this fix on 2.1
    this to me is one of the worst bug in the Veer... bad QC on their end if u ask me
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    The sms lag doesn't bother me much... it's only .5 - 1 second for me. The Veer's so much snappier than my pre- that I don't mind it, personally... I do use the multiple sms card patch, maybe that helps?
    is it like this in 2.0?
    Same lag (which freezes the phone completely) in Pre 2 with OS2.1.1. Seems like a software bug introduced in OS 2x. This bug, along with lots of others introduced in OS 2.x must be one of the reasons why Pre 3 keeps getting delayed. And in fact I am a little surprised ATT and O2 Germany have even allowed the Veer with such bugs to go passed their QA departments. Maybe HP promised the bugs would be fixed "in the coming days".
    this is one of reasons I started a thread wishing I had 1.4.5 back. Less bugs. The lag on sms is obnoxious and only seems to happen when you are in a time crunch
    Hurry up already!!! I aint got all second!
    fxspec06 and Derek_B like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    The sms lag doesn't bother me much... it's only .5 - 1 second for me. The Veer's so much snappier than my pre- that I don't mind it, personally... I do use the multiple sms card patch, maybe that helps?
    I think maybe that's why it doesn't bother me.... much snappier than the Pre.

I don't use multiple sms so...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Sending an SMS freezes me up for 3-6 seconds. Averaging 5 seconds lag per message for 4000 messages a month, that's about five and a half hours a month the phone is rendered unusable by this bug. That's more than enough to infuriatingly interrupt what should be a seamless experience. I can't understand swiping uninterrupted from youtube to a video game, but a 5 second pause to even minimize the or swipe off the messaging app.
    I am definitely not seeing that amount of lag.
    i see it every now and then. on messaging, its sometimes bad when im replying and then the other party writes again after i pressed entered for my response. also i dont know if its dependent or related to connection speed. sometimes its fast and sometimes its not but the lag is definitly there.
    I really think the time it's frozen depends on the signal strength. From my experience, the better the signal strength, the quicker it unfreezes.
    Just to be clear those seeing the longer lag when we say messaging, we are talking about Instant Messaging right?

I strictly use SMS, no instant messaging loaded at all. This might be where some people are seeing more lag.

If the above is correct, then the data thing would make sense as messaging travels as "data", while SMS doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just to be clear those seeing the longer lag when we say messaging, we are talking about Instant Messaging right?

I strictly use SMS, no instant messaging loaded at all. This might be where some people are seeing more lag.

If the above is correct, then the data thing would make sense as messaging travels as "data", while SMS doesn't.
    I am using strick SMS... and I consitenly get a second or 2 lag/freeze everytime I send an SMS
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    I am using strick SMS... and I consitenly get a second or 2 lag/freeze everytime I send an SMS
    Yeah but that's a lot closer to what I am seeing than the 5 second average posted above, that would drive me insane.
    I get sms lag from half a second to about 2 or 3 seconds.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast