Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    What other patches have you installed, and just curious, how much do you text message?

I think I have around 1000 txts on my Veer so far, just trying to figure out how much history you actually removed vs what I am operating with.

Also I have the advanced system menus and have not had any phone call problems, if it was that patch I am wondering if maybe you inadvertantly changed a setting that tweaked the phone.
    I doubt I had more than a few hundred.

Unfortunately, after uninstalling the first two Advanced patches I had installed, I quit paying attention and did not write down the name of the third one I uninstalled. I reset between each uninstallation so I know it was that third Advanced patch, whatever it was. I did not change any settings for any of the Advanced patches - only because I couldn't find where to change their settings. I could not get to the same config screens I saw on my Pre.

I also tested SMS between each patch removal to see if any of them were causing my lag. It was not until I wiped most of the history that it sped up again. Still, the lag doesn't bother me as much as the arbitrary light sensor.
    Crazy, I checked and have over 1000 sms on the Veer already and my lag hasn't gotten noticeable worse. I will keep an eye on this, since most of my sms is with the wife or BS between me and friends if I have to clear em in the future, no huge loss.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    You know what the rough part of this is? If you're a Google Voice user. The only way I can keep track of my contacts' GV numbers is via the messaging app. If I have to clear all my messages, I'll be back to sending GV SMS through Voogle (which, in its perpetually-unfinished state, sucks).
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Another update: Got up to about 1000 txts since I last wiped my history. The SMS app regularly lags for 4-7 seconds. I deleted all the SMS history a few minutes ago. No lag now.
    crazy
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Yeah it is, though it still doesn't bug me as much as the uncontrollable light sensor :P

Half the time, the SMS lag doesn't bother me because the phone actually continues to take my keyboard input and gestures; it just doesn't act on it for 4-7 seconds. So if I'm txting the same person back and forth, I can shoot off the txt and immediately start typing the next reply and even hit enter to send it before the lag is done. But if I'm txting multiple people, it gets rough.
    Heads up I keep no history on sms our cards open and my veer runs smooth as silk
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123