1.    #1  
    Seriously??!? HP did not add "veer" to the dictionary for Veer owners?? Or for anyone else, for that matter? HP, do you realize how annoying this is?? & is there a way that I can add "veer" to my dictionary?
    add it to your word list. Last page on the launcher.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    add it to your word list. Last page on the launcher.
    Done- thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    also missing: wifi, touchpad, hp...

PalmOS is changed to PalmOne ;-)
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Um... why isn't veer in the dictionary already? It's actually a real word....
    This does bother me, but it is better than the iPhone randomly throwing in apple products. Makes me laugh when it autocorrects because I remember my buddy sending me some weird autocorrect texts from his iphone. So yeah it sucks, but better than obtrusive product placement that apple does.

BTW at this point, I am thinking of turning off autocorrect...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Um... why isn't veer in the dictionary already? It's actually a real word....
    There are lots of words in the real dictionary that aren't recognized. I believe that a smaller dictionary means matching is quicker, so from that standpoint it makes sense to err on the small side and allow people to add their own words.
    Autocorrect is an abomination. I want whatever I type to appear on the screen, even if what I type is as wrong as a republican senator proposing to his prize stallion. I'd rather misspell something and have it appear as 'Paln Pre' than have a super-intelligent algorithm turn it into 'Plum Pro'. And I DEFINITELY don't want 'marco polo' be autocorrected to 'MacBook Pro' because the company that made my device is a narcissistic jerk.

There's whole websites devoted to the idiotic things people text other people because their original texts got predictively autocorrected, and yet people want predictive autocorrect.

(Oh, and if you tap on underlined text, you get the option to add a word to your autocorrect dictionary. just saying.)
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 07/23/2011 at 04:27 PM.
    lol agreed, still having a love hate with 2.x and 3.x autocorrect .... Thinking bout turning it off
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    lol that would suck.... guess that's what you get for buying US localized phone

just kidding of course
    Wish I could do what you do for a living... would be a dream