1.    #1  
    My ever is currently making phone calls. I can call some one, but they can't hear me and I can't hear them. I used the webos doctor, but it still isn't working. Any ideas?
    sounds like you are stuck in headset mode.
  3.    #3  
    Sounds possible. Anyway to get out of it?
    The easiest fix is to take a toothpick and dig around inside the jack for a bit. It only takes a tiny amount of debris to make the phone think it's in headset mode.
  5.    #5  
    do you mean the charging plug? It doesn't have a dedicated headset port
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    The easiest fix is to take a toothpick and dig around inside the jack for a bit. It only takes a tiny amount of debris to make the phone think it's in headset mode.
    This would be one hell of a trick on the Veer....

At the OP, try using the adapter and plugging in your headset and see if you get anything out of the headset. Then unplug the headset with the adapter still connected, then the adapter.

I remember someone saying they were having a problem with the headphone adapter, not specifically this, but I would give it a test with the headset.

Also if you play audio are you getting sound out of the speaker? Just trying to verify it is not something in the phone app (shouldn't be since you dr'd).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7.    #7  
    I tried the headphone adapter. I don't have a headset, so I used headphones. I tried connecting/ disconnecting it while i was calling voicemail and it didn't work. I'm not getting sound in the music app either, so it's not just the phone app.
    At this point I would say bad hardware. Any other thoughts?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    This would be one hell of a trick on the Veer....

At the OP, try using the adapter and plugging in your headset and see if you get anything out of the headset. Then unplug the headset with the adapter still connected, then the adapter.

I remember someone saying they were having a problem with the headphone adapter, not specifically this, but I would give it a test with the headset.

Also if you play audio are you getting sound out of the speaker? Just trying to verify it is not something in the phone app (shouldn't be since you dr'd).
    Um.. d'oh?

Once again I'm tricked by my inability to RTFA.

Please continue.
  10.    #10  
    Well I used to chat with HP part of the help issue, and they determined it to be a hardware issue. They asked me to send the phone in to the EFFA program where they have engineers look into problems with early devices. I declined because it would be 3-5 days from the time that they received my phone before i received a replacement. They said I would be able to exchange the phone at an AT&T store. False. The only store that can do warranties in Ohio is in Cleveland. Not exactly around the block from me. So now AT&T is sending a replacement that should be here on Tue. Until then, I'm without a phone. Not the best experience I've had with Palm/HP.
  11.    #11  
    also, the rep asked me if I had removed the battery as he tried to pry off the back before I could tell him not to. He had no idea about the phone.
    has anyone written a replacement phone app. There are basic features that should be in this app that it is missing.
    I been searching precentral and haven't found any replacement app or a way to modify the phone app code.
    Quote Originally Posted by batra View Post
    I been searching precentral and haven't found any replacement app or a way to modify the phone app code.
    Other than some patches, I have never heard of anyone trying to build a custom phone app for webOS, other then google voice apps.