Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    .... FCC has the evidence.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApp...tml?id=1416145

See that Palm logo at the back? It's the lettering from the Pre cases but I actually like it better than the stamped on HP logo.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    this was never thought to be anything other than a Palm design. Same with the Pre3. Palm designs.
    when we see a slab device itll definitely be hp
    linkblc likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    <shivers>
    x2
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    x2
    I'll x3 this one.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Why does everyone assume a slab webos phone will be bad?
    Other os' seem to be doing ok with slabs and it seems to be what the general public want. I'm all for a 4"+ slab!!!
    The first clue should have been that the Veer was filed using Palm's FCC ID, O8F, instead of HP's, B94.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    If I wanted a big-*****-brick of a phone... I'd find Zack's... No way do I want a slab.

Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by damien88 View Post
    Why does everyone assume a slab webos phone will be bad?
    Other os' seem to be doing ok with slabs and it seems to be what the general public want. I'm all for a 4"+ slab!!!
    General public wants one, doesn't mean I want one.

I've used slab phones before and I loathe them, doesn't fit MY needs.

And I NEVER said HP shouldn't do a slab, in fact they should do every and all form factors to cover all markets, now that HP has money. Just leave a vertical slider available for me to buy.

ANTAEUZ likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    General public wants one, doesn't mean I want one.

I've used slab phones before and I loathe them, doesn't fit MY needs.

And I NEVER said HP shouldn't do a slab, in fact they should do every and all form factors to cover all markets, now that HP has money. Just leave a vertical slider available for me to buy.
    x2

I have an iPhone sitting at the house, the wife and I play some of the games that were on it from when we got it.... haven't even been tempted to throw the sim card in it, once we tried out the VKB we both were very happy with our Veer purchases.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    This distinction between Palm and HP no longer exists.
    touchpad was the palmpad
    Quote Originally Posted by damien88 View Post
    Why does everyone assume a slab webos phone will be bad? Other os' seem to be doing ok with slabs and it seems to be what the general public want. I'm all for a 4"+ slab!!!
    I love slab phones. Just not the ones that are really big. I prefer a size that will easily fit in my pocket. I also like to carry a portable external keyboard, for situations when I don't want to give up screen space to the virtual KB. Of course, the most sensible external keyboard is a built-in slider. Something like the Pre3 would be my ideal slab phone.
    - Bubba
    In the Quick Start Guide of my (german) Veer it seems they forgot to change the last page. You can read the palm name there, whereas every other page reads hp Veer...
    The logo on the back of my pre2 is a real bonus. I thought I'd never want a phone without a keyboard. After using a slab with swype, coming back to the pre2 keyboard was kind of a drawback.
    The sooner webOS gets a phone without the physical keyboard, the sooner we will see broad adoption. The market has spoken: the majority of smartphone users prefer a virtual keyboard. Will there be a market for the minority that wants a physical keyboard that locks you into portrait mode? Sure, some people will prefer that. Most want more screen real estate and a virtual keypad. You can't use an app like swype on a physical keyboard. HP needs phones with broad appeal to attract devs. They need phones out there with a lot of different form factors.
    cnote1287 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by netmarshall View Post
    The sooner webOS gets a phone without the physical keyboard, the sooner we will see broad adoption. The market has spoken: the majority of smartphone users prefer a virtual keyboard. Will there be a market for the minority that wants a physical keyboard that locks you into portrait mode? Sure, some people will prefer that. Most want more screen real estate and a virtual keypad. You can't use an app like swype on a physical keyboard. HP needs phones with broad appeal to attract devs. They need phones out there with a lot of different form factors.
    I think its mainly the older crowd (no offense) that is so anti virtual keyboard. I can type faster on it than a physical keyboard.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    i don't care how faster anyone can type w/o physical keyboard

every dev knows a virtual kb is a waste of space and an annoyance. plus physical keys are incredibly awesome to map controls to

physical FTWWWWWWWWW
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    I think its mainly the older crowd (no offense) that is so anti virtual keyboard. I can type faster on it than a physical keyboard.
    Hey now... I'm 25 and I don't like VKBs...

"'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast