Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
    the reason slab phones exist and seem like "what everyone wants" is because apple refuses to offer anything else.

its not that people WANT a virtual keyboard....they settle for it.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I don't care if webOS has a Slab, Treo, Pixi, Veer, Pre, Landscape Slider, Square or Triangle form factor:

All I want is SALES...I want something for everyone...

(Just ALWAYS have a Pre form factor )
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    The logo on the back of my pre2 is a real bonus. I thought I'd never want a phone without a keyboard. After using a slab with swype, coming back to the pre2 keyboard was kind of a drawback.
    I like going back to the physical kb of the Veer after I've used the virtual on the TouchPad for a while, but I'd be really into using Swype on the TP . . . wonder if they'd ever offer it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    I think its mainly the older crowd (no offense) that is so anti virtual keyboard. I can type faster on it than a physical keyboard.
    I may be older (not yet 30), but what is below is truth!!! Ohh and if you can type faster using swype or any VKB, you don't know how to type (nothing personal and no offense). Those of us that can actually type dislike VKB because a physical kb will always be preferred by those that can actually type. Even on the Veer, with some drinks in me, I can type better with the physical KB than the VKB.

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    i don't care how faster anyone can type w/o physical keyboard

every dev knows a virtual kb is a waste of space and an annoyance. plus physical keys are incredibly awesome to map controls to

physical FTWWWWWWWWW
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'm 21 and I refuse to use a VKB. I tried it on my friends' iOS/Android/WP7 phones, but since I have sweaty hands, after about a minute of typing, it no longer properly registers the keys. Plus with a physical KB, you can type one handed, without looking, no auto-correct shenanigans, and use keys for speed dial.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    I think its mainly the older crowd (no offense) that is so anti virtual keyboard.
    Maybe it's the younger crowd that is so anti anything-their-friends-might-think-is-uncool, that is so willing to jump through whatever hoops necessary to use something they perceive to be "cooler" over the superior technology and then rationalize it later.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    GuyFromNam likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12