Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By latetothepalmparty
  • 3 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 1 Post By naokrei
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    G4's Attack of the Show reviewed the Veer and gave it a disappointing 2 out of 5 rating.
    HP Veer Video Review
    I notice at about the 3 minute mark when they are using the camera, a picture is taken and it seems to go right into the photo instead of reloading the camera and he starts swiping through the photos. Whats up with that?
    After Olivia Munn left I have no interest
    Ziplock, IGNTNUNLMTD and rburtz like this.
    veer is the new dumb phone of the smart phones. its more phone than smart. i do like my veer tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    veer is the new dumb phone of the smart phones. its more phone than smart. i do like my veer tho.
    I would love an explanation of this.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    yea me2
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I really like my Veer. All the smarts of the huge phone and it fits in a shirt pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I would love an explanation of this.
    kind of like my lg cu 500 phone. Its was a good dumb phone, good battery life, I could load j2me apps, browse the internet using opera mini, and it had a small screen. It was also was suppose to be able to do video chat but att never went thru on its promise. Isnt the veer target market for new people looking for there first smart phone?
    So you haven't used the Veer but are comparing it to a dumb phone? The only 2 things this phone can't do that my Pre did is camera flash, and some pdk games weren't coded for the screen res.

There are many things it can do my pre couldn't and what they both can do, the veer does better.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    [QUOTE=OldSkoolVWLover;3031562]So you haven't used the Veer but are comparing it to a dumb phone? The only 2 things this phone can't do that my Pre did is camera flash, and some pdk games weren't coded for the screen res.

There are many things it can do my pre couldn't and what they both can do, the veer does better.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Veer using [url=

I guess you did miss my post where I did say I like my veer... Anyways it was a bad analogy on my part
    I saw that in your initial post, then saw you compare it to a dumb phone. Maybe you aren't that much of a "power user", as I said, almost all aspects of this phone kill my Pre, and I have been patching since the second day we had our Pre's.

I really don't know how anyone could call this the worlds dumbest smartphone, when it has so many features over 1.x WebOS devices. I can see someone blaming WebOS for lacking in certain aspects, but the Veer itself is an evolved device from the Pre/Pre+/Pixi/Pixi+. Only current WebOS device that can compete would be the Pre2.
    This video just proves the Veer isn't for everyone. It's bucking the current trend of making large-screened slabs, so of course many people aren't going to "get it." But if you're bucking the trend as well, then maybe the Veer is for you.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    All I got from the review is that it's too small for that guy, and based on that, 2/5? Awesome, good thing I don't value his opinion
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Yeah I was disappointed in the review. I've never understood aots' rating system though. It's more important to listen to what they say. They'll say all kinds of negatives about a product then give it a 4/5. Or like with the Veer, say everything about it is great except for the headphone jack (legitimate) and the screen size (opinion) then only give it a 2/5.
    Whats the big deal with the headphone jack adapter?? I'm fine with my bluetooth headset and touchstone for charging... so i only use the magnetic port for syncing and works great!
    In this tablet era who needs BIGGER phones? just this little hotspot and a wifi touchpad, ipad or android tablet will do the job...
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by naokrei View Post
    Whats the big deal with the headphone jack adapter?? I'm fine with my bluetooth headset and touchstone for charging... so i only use the magnetic port for syncing and works great!
    In this tablet era who needs BIGGER phones? just this little hotspot and a wifi touchpad, ipad or android tablet will do the job...
    Same thing we have been feeling so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by naokrei View Post
    If you can't see the problem with the veers headphone jack and charging adaptor situation you will never see the problem. It has been discussed on this forum many times and people have legitimate reasons why they want/need headphone jacks and charging ports. And how can you call this the tablet age. The only tablet that's selling well is the ipad.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    If you can't see the problem with the veers headphone jack and charging adaptor situation you will never see the problem. It has been discussed on this forum many times and people have legitimate reasons why they want/need headphone jacks and charging ports. And how can you call this the tablet age. The only tablet that's selling well is the ipad.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    ipad is enough for me as to call it tablet age... more i use my iPad, less i use my macbook... I agree with the love/hate magnetic port issue, all i say is that it's not a big deal :S