Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering what other patches people are missing, I finally got the top menu framework installed this morning so I now have my mode switcher and all my other top bar patches.

The one I miss the most is delete from notification for e-mail.

gesture tap for info/delete would be nice

Also gesture tap for context menu in web browser. I am using hold tap for context menu, and that should work, just will take me longer to get used to. I liked the gesture tap (especially with smaller screen), so I could hit the link real quick and not worry about my finger moving.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I also miss the delete from notification patch. I hear Sconix is working on something. That was a while ago though.
    How do you get the patches? There's nothing in preware!

Unless it's only for at&t ?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    How do you get the patches? There's nothing in preware!

Unless it's only for at&t ?

What version of webOS are you on?
  5.    #5  
    Probably on 2.1.1

I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yeah probably. Patches are made specific to each version of webOS. Most if not all patches are made for the main versions and the small updates HP puts out like 1.4.5.1 and 2.1.1 are, most of the time, overlooked.
    Delete from notification, SMS tone per contact. There are others, but those are the two I really miss. I've found about 30 carry overs or replacements from what I had on my Pre so that my Veer is pretty well sexed up in its own right.
  8.    #8  
    Forgot SMS tone per contact!
    Yes, I use 2.1.1

Guess I'll need to wait for an os upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Yes, I use 2.1.1

Guess I'll need to wait for an os upgrade...

This post / thread might be interesting in that case:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3027797

You can add the Patch-Feed for 2.1.0 in the preware-settings to get the patches. Found that link somwhere else here in the forum. Some of the "old" patches work just fine on 2.1.1 as well. Of course no guarantee that this will be the case for all the patches, so keep your backups etc. ready
    Did it, but didn't backup though. Yet the patches i installed work fine. Ubercalendar doesn't want to install but i think it's discussed in another thread...

12.    #12  
    SMS Per Contact has been fixed with Advanced System Menu Prefs from Sconix!!!
    It seems all development for patches and apps for webos phones has come to a stop
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 07/23/2011 at 12:37 AM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    It seems all development for patches and apps for webos phones has come to a stop
    *** are you talking about? I just posted a new patch for the veer above your post. Please explain your comment as I am seeing brand new veer patches as well as new and updated patches for our pres.
    I miss "better quicker flicker" the most. It was the one that made the photo app, *gasp* actually responsive. Images instantly loaded crisply instead of the 2-4 second delay per image.
  16.    #16  
    hmmm never used that one
    Not for webOS 2.1.0, I downloaded 3 updates last night via Preware and one new app. Perhaps you have not updated your OS, which would explain why you are not seeing updates?
    i miss the transparent launcher pages and 5x5 launcher icons the most

also miss the date and time string at the top patch
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I need the browser slider block orientation patch back.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    *** are you talking about? I just posted a new patch for the veer above your post. Please explain your comment as I am seeing brand new veer patches as well as new and updated patches for our pres.
    Actually I do kinda see his point. Not really a stop, but slowed drastically.

The hot topic lately is the TouchPad, and traditionally the Pixi had less apps than the Pre. So probably that's why there's virtually nothing new for the Veer. Even in the official App Catalogue I don't notice much.

Which is why HP needs to hurry the hell up with the Pre 3.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast