1.    #1  
    Hello!
    I would like to install the "mobile hotspot" on my Veer and ... I do not find out more about the app catalog!
    Can someone help me?
    Thanks. Regards.
    Rudy
    Step 1: Install Preware
    Step 2: Install FreeTether
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  3.    #3  
    Help!
    I installed webOS quick install, but it does not work! Each time, it says: file transfer failed:-s
    There is a detailed tutorial for installing Preware? Preware exists for Veer?
    I think I'm really not good :-(
    Look into how to put your phone in Dev Mode if you havent already. Your phone needs to be in Dev Mode for it to work.
    And does AT&T offer a mobile hot spot app?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes, stock.
    Well then the OP should have it.

The icon looks like this, OP:

Do you not have that?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post

Do you not have that?
    Looks like he is in Belgium, so no AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Looks like he is in Belgium, so no AT&T.
    Didn't even see that. lol. Well I dont know what they offer over there. So Preware is the safest bet. Try to get your phone in dev mode first and try Quick Install again. To do that just type from the home screen "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" dev mode should come up. Select it and turn it on in the app. Then try Quick Install again. Hope this works.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks a lot for your answers
    Preware installed, FreeTether too; All is right :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy P. View Post
    Thanks a lot for your answers
    Preware installed, FreeTether too; All is right :-D
    Awesome. Enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post

Do you not have that?
    Also I thought mobile hotspot is only free on the 4 gig data plan (unless I missed something, brand new to ATT as of like 10 days ago).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    There's a world outside the US.
    OP is there.
    I was going back to his assumption that the op was on ATT, even if he was he would have to be paying for mobile HS. That was all.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have an unlocked ATT veer and mobile hotspot won't work on mine either!

The device connects and gets an IP address from the Veer but cannot access the internet. Anyone have any ideas?

For now I'm using freeTether but it doesn't shut down properly so I have to restart my phone each time I am finished using it or it sucks up my battery.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    ATT tether won't work on mine - says I need to buy the feature from AT&T. Freetether is spotty and, even after quitting, runs my battery down super fast (as bb147 suggests).