Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just checked my backup, my last completed backup was 6/21/11. I just tried to backup my phone and it says backup failed. Anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Mine claims it last did backup on 7/11/11 at 4:17pm. Hit to do it manually and seems to be working.
  3.    #3  
    After chatting with Palm, they made me delete my backup by turning it off and on..still failed. They said they will call me tomorrow. I ended up erasing all my text messages and turning off facebook under contacts and successfully backed up the phone again. Thank god!
    Ive noticed a bug with the backup utility. If you are in a low coverage area and it tries to do the backup it nukes the battery and fails while killing the battery super fast. Make sure you have a good connection or on a wifi network.
    Mine seems to be working just fine, thankfully.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    No issues to report here, too.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  7.    #7  
    great it just seems to be mine...just tried again today to make sure it was working again and it failed. HP/Palm support said they will be calling me in 24-48 hours. Hopefully to get this fixed. I had to do manual backups with my original Pre...what a PITA.
    My last backup shows as 2:00 am today
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  9.    #9  
    After a week of going back and forth with techs, yesterday I just did a full erase and doctored my phone. It said my profile was active on another device which was weird. After importing my profile, I was able to backup my device again after all my programs and services were installed. Before I hit Tier 3 support, I noted to the guy the problems that I had with SMS lag/delay and I had issues with the camera app freezing up also. I sent them logs. Tier 3 called me today and noted that they are aware of the SMS issue and they are "working on it." He said to see after the full erase if my camera app does the same thing. So basically after a week, no news on a new update of as of yet.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Me too. Last backup 7/7.
    Hi, does anyone have solution to the backup failed issue on Hp veers? Mine has been having the same problem. It says last back up was Oct 15. I did manual backup-same thing. I m on a wifi network at home. i've tried different sims too. I do not want to erase my text messages so I have not turned the back up off yet.
    I had some sort of problem (forgot what) like 3 months ago and did a chat with palm and they sent me some sort of update to backup. Can't seem to find the file so don't know its name.
    Quote Originally Posted by obex511 View Post
    Hi, does anyone have solution to the backup failed issue on Hp veers? Mine has been having the same problem. It says last back up was Oct 15. I did manual backup-same thing. I m on a wifi network at home. i've tried different sims too. I do not want to erase my text messages so I have not turned the back up off yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgabel_pi View Post
    I had some sort of problem (forgot what) like 3 months ago and did a chat with palm and they sent me some sort of update to backup. Can't seem to find the file so don't know its name.
    Yes, my back-up failed a month ago. I reset the phone as tech support suggested (via Web Dr.). It stopped backing up again about 10 days ago. I did a reset. HP tried to send me that fix but it never would show up on the phone. I love the form-factor of the Veer, but I dislike the software. It doesn't feel like a Palm phone to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    I just checked my backup, my last completed backup was 6/21/11. I just tried to backup my phone and it says backup failed. Anyone else having this issue?
    back up with webOS is something I have enjoyed since getting my Pre on Sprint
    my last backup occurred at 11:25 pm Oct 25
    I had one episode in which my battery drained, but I think this was due to my switching off the juice to my home WiFi network & leaving on the telephone radio on the Veer
    my usual night routine, since my Treo days, has been to switch to Airplane mode & reboot prior to going to bed
    automated backup has always been one of the best assets of webOS & one that has saved me much grief over the years
    I trust HP hasn't screwed this up, but given present concerns, one can't be too certain
    ...Back-Up stopped working yesterday. Also stopped syncing with Yahoo Calendar a week ago. Sigh...
    After successfully backing up for 3 months, all of a sudden my Veer stopped backing up also. Manual backup returns the Failed message and a reboot didn't fix it. Using Wifi also. Strange... has anybody figured out a fix for this? Thx
    Yeah, this has been happening to me for months now. I just noticed the "admission" on the Pre Central Homepage. HP claimed they were going to give me scheduled callbacks twice now--didn't happen. Just got off chat support. "Did you try calling HP...?" This company SUCKS! Try and find support links for Veer at HP.com!! "Phones/Veer" won't show up in any searches. Palm was way better. If there was a problem, they made good on it. I hope HP chokes on webOS...
    Quote Originally Posted by tekis View Post
    I hope HP chokes on webOS...
    They already did. Then they apothekered all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by vantagebox View Post
    After successfully backing up for 3 months, all of a sudden my Veer stopped backing up also. Manual backup returns the Failed message and a reboot didn't fix it. Using Wifi also. Strange... has anybody figured out a fix for this? Thx
    Check the front page article... this is a known issue as of yesterday for all 2.x/3.x devices.

The last backup I know of was around 2 am Pacific on 12-1, Pre2 on 2.1 everyone else has reported 11-30 (I believe these were Pre3's), my Pre3 shows 11-29... backup off on both TouchPads (tried manual and failed). All other webOS devices currently offline.

Palm/HP has confirmed server issues.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    No backups since 11/30 AND no bookmarks on bookmark page but bookmark icons are there and can't add bookmarks. Any connection w/ no backup?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast