webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > HP Veer 4G stuck on black screen with USB icon.
HP Veer 4G stuck on black screen with USB icon.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By parasiticegg
  • 1 Post By lighter789

Old 07/10/2011, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

I did a secure full erase on the Veer 4G and its just stuck on a black background with a white USB icon. I have no idea what to do. Please help!
parasiticegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2011, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Connect it to your computer and see what happens.
gollyzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2011, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I held the power button down while switching the ringer switch on and off three times and it worked!
parasiticegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Juize and irrdsr like this.
Old 08/16/2011, 01:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Just had a similar thing happen to my Veer. Plugged it into a rental car that had MS Sync. Music played fine while my Veer was in USB mode. Tried to turn off USB mode and no luck - Veer was stuck. There was a different image on the screen than the one you see in USB recovery mode. It was an image of a Veer with a green light where the ringer switch is.

Got back to my hotel and found this post. Holding power while toggling ringer button worked instantly. Thanks!
jsbrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by Juize, pardhar
Old 09/18/2011, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you for this thread . I showed my girl my new HP Veer, the fourth webOS device in my house...and she liked it. So I bought her one and went through the install process tonight and the thing got stuck showing nothing but this USB mode signal...you saved me .
Juize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2011, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

you can also hold alt, sym and "r" key and it will restart it instantly as well...
lighter789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Juize likes this.
Thanked By: Juize
Old 10/11/2011, 05:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

I have removed it from laptop to which I put it for charging. Now, for me it looks as if in USB more even the reset and opening & re-inserting the battery not done any help. its still showing that UBS arrow. Pls help.
galipalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2011, 01:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galipalli View Post
I have removed it from laptop to which I put it for charging. Now, for me it looks as if in USB more even the reset and opening & re-inserting the battery not done any help. its still showing that UBS arrow. Pls help.
Guessing you aren't talking about a Veer if you removed the battery.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2011, 01:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighter789 View Post
you can also hold alt, sym and "r" key and it will restart it instantly as well...
Note that this is the preferred method to restart a webOS device, this preforms a reset.

The power button ringer switch is a hard reset and does not properly shut down all electronic devices (modem for example).

The power button ringer switch is for when other methods of rebooting do not function properly.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2012, 11:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Help required, My Veer was hung I assume it was not responding to anything had black screen.
Even when I call the number it was not responding to anything, I thought it was stuck tried to reboot and it failed.
I tried to do Alt + Sym + R still no go.
Rocked the volume and power key and it rebooted got to the USB symbol and now stuck.
If I connect it to my laptop it fails to install the driver and now rocking the volume and power key or the Alt + Sym + R also fails to work.

Please advise

--------------------------------------------------------

Finally Palm Novacom (Bootie) drivers got installed and I could use novaterm to reboot the phone.
At this stage in Novaterm only prompt visible is ] typed reboot pressed enter and its Rebooted finally

Last edited by devil.insulted; 01/18/2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Finally Issue Is Resolved
devil.insulted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 09:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasiticegg View Post
I held the power button down while switching the ringer switch on and off three times and it worked!
thanks it really works
twopac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/2012, 11:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

Power button and toggling the ringer on and off a few times worked. The Alt-sym-R combo didn't do anything.

Thanks for posting this!
harrisonpalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/19/2012, 04:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punyparker01 View Post
"I held the power button down while switching the ringer switch on and off three times and it worked! "

Thanks. My Veer hung on the HP logo and this solution works for me.
TPFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2013, 09:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

My Veer got water washed by me young bro who is 3 yrs...nd it stopped working then i dried it under the sun for 4-5 days nd i charged it finally it worked then the keyboard was not working no light for the keyboard . So i tried restarting it then it went to a black screen with a little light and nothing else....it stopped WORKING!!!!!!!!
Then i tried to connect it to my laptop and it couldnt be recognized, it said that the drivers are not found.... I've also downloaded WebOS Doctor but no use the device is not recognised...Plz help me i am in need of my phone i need some important docs nd stuff .so please help me i am in a big need of it...Yhe USD symbol is also not there on d screen its full blank with a little light. PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy Orton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2013, 01:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

What sort of device shows up when you plug in the phone? Name?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0