1.    #1  
    So this is my first day out of the house with the Veer. I had noticed some odd really high battery life over the last few days when sitting idle with just some push e-mail and WiFi on. I thought this might have been do to patching (yeah I thru some stuff on I should have waited for).

So I pulled the Veer off the TS this morning a little before 6:30, on WiFi, downloaded Dr. Podder, and a postcast over WiFi, dropped over 5% in about 10 minutes. Switched WiFi off as I was walking out the door, been sitting on H+ since then and have only dropped to 86% (has been almost 3.5 hours since the initial drop). Anyone having similar behavior?

On wifi it seams I am getting better performance with a Pre- with a beatin Centro battery than the brand new Veer. I am thinking I will be rolling back so patches and I need to do a test of my phone vs the wifes (I don't think I have hardly patched her's at all).

I will keep an eye out going forward. One other thing I noticed this morning was my Pre was showing e-mails and the Veer wasn't, opened the e-mail app and Veer refreshed and loaded 4 new e-mails. This is my first time having a problem with the e-mail other than maybe a slight delay.

So far I am liking the Veer, liking AT&T, still need to get the Veer and settings really dialed in though. Still lots of 2.x things I haven't played with.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yeah, I noticed the battery thing: sometimes the battery drops quickly and sometimes it just stand still for hours, even while working on it!

Hope the fast droppings will be solved with 2.2, but for now the overall battery life give a 40% charge at the end of the day, even if I use it a lot lot lot
  3.    #3  
    Nice I think I might be overly paranoid with the old Pre/Centro batteries that once they neared 50% would start to plummet.

I was under 70% so I threw it on the TS since I am sitting at my desk and have some running around to do when I get off work in a few hours.

Just to note, I did find that I had 1 gmail account on checking every 15 minutes vs push as I normally have my other gmail account (this might have been this way on the Pre). Thinking I may Dr my Veer this weekend and try and set everything back up with just the coupld patches I really use.

Off the top for those that will want to know.

I have really silent ringer switch, browser scroll bar, date as carrier string, GPS icon in top bar, GSM 3g GPS and brightness in device menu, multi mod, ringer switch icon, Internalz, and some place holders.

I really can't point to any of these adding to battery drain when idle. I did attempt to do the menu framework (even though I knew it wouldn't work), my use of mode switcher highly functions around the top bar menus. I did install mode switcher and turned it on, so I do worry that possibly mode switcher, or the top bar patches (battery as % or date as carrier string) are whats getting me.

Just installed battery monitor, so maybe I will remove % and what not from top bar and give it a shot again. I bounced between 2 profiles a few times at initial setup and think a Dr might be in order though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    What Doctor will you use ? I didn't found one for the Veer ^^
  5.    #5  
    Gives me the option to get WebOS Doctor when I login to my "Palm" Profile
  6.    #6  
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Courtesy of WebOS Internals
    Yes, but it's only for AT&T network. It doesn't work with naked Veer's right ?
  8.    #8  
    From my understanding, not with a German Veer since they are on 2.1.1

I dunno about unlocked AT&T Veers and how that works, someone else would have to clarify that part.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Unlocked Veer with DigitalUnlock can be safely Doctored via the link in Palm Profile. Did it myself. Can't test on a DE Veer 'cause mine is US but still no direct link to EU Doc on Internalz page.

Ka
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Yesterday my Veer's battery dropped like a rock and it was hot the whole time with no apps running. I should have rebooted by I was hugely busy with other stuff. I had run Freetether right before the drop and am worried it left some zombie process out there chewing up electrons...

Today all is good and not hot.
  11.    #11  
    There has been some mention of freetether not properly shutting off even though you shut it off. Wish I could find the thread, but I am amazingly busy right now.
    I'm having fast drop after using freetether as well. Restart didn't help, deleted freetether but it's still falling like a stone. (20%+/hr)
  13.    #13  
    Ouch that's way worse than any drop we have seen. Haven't dr'd either Veer, hope that 2.2 fixes the random issues.