Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    You only have US app catalog too?
    Thanks GuyFromNam for the PM tip. Hope they can do something for us!
    I only have US app catalog, too and, what is worse for me, can't add a german credit card to my profile (it somehow has forgotten my credit card information in the transition from Pre to Veer, it seems).
  4.    #24  
    HardBeatZ said to signing out of my profile and then signing back.
    We're ok that it's impossible without restoring all phone?
    Hi, I'm a German User, bought my QWERTZ Veer in Germany and activated it with a German o2 SIM. And guess what... I've the same problem with the app catalogue. Prices in US Dollar and Credit card countries only USA, Mexico and Canada. So this must be a general HP problem. With my old palm pre (1.4.5) I had no problems with the catalogue and paid apps. I use a new profile with my Veer
  6.    #26  
    HP have to do something!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sausalito View Post
    HardBeatZ said to signing out of my profile and then signing back.
    We're ok that it's impossible without restoring all phone?
    No, I did it with Impostah: I created a new Profile and logged in with it. Nothing changed. Then I logged in to my main account again and still... nothing ^^
    Right now I'm waiting for HeartBeatZ to PM me when his tech guy succeed (or not) in doing something for this issue on my Veer. He should something to my profile remotely...
  9.    #29  
    I tried the "hard erase" and create brand new profile, but same problem.

Yesterday, after PM to HardBeatZ and Calvin, they said "I've filed a ticket against your profile and you should see the issue resolved in the next 24-36 hours (possibly sooner)" and now the problem is solved!

Thanks everyone.
    So it must happen to me sooner or later...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Hi guys, add a little feedback too.
    This morning (Europe here) Tweeted that the Veer was great, too bad for the App Catalog stuck in the US issue and TMCs I had. Got a DM from@Palm, we exchanged a couple messages and then they told me that in 24/36h my profile would have been fixed.

That is very, very nice!

Ka.
    Nothing changed for me. Hope this is because WE is a off working period for them^^
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KaSt View Post
    Got a DM from@Palm, we exchanged a couple messages and then they told me that in 24/36h my profile would have been fixed.
    I still remember writing this one... Unfortunately got another DM this morning (must have been late evening for them) saying that they were sorry but being my Veer a US unlocked one, there was no support for using it outside the US and it was normal to Palm that the phone would show only the US App Catalog.

So unless they have mercy or don't want to answer "yes" to my last DM to them saying "Don't tell me I need to buy another Veer, a EU one, to be able to spend money in your App Catalog" I guess I'll be stuck with free US apps (Yeah, got a geo-restricted Pandora! ).

Didn't have any reply yet to my last DM to them. It's Sunday, I hope in some news tomorrow.

Ka.
    My issue got solved by Palm/HP.

I contacted @Plam via twitter (I think thursday), told them my e-mail in a private message and saturday morning my profile was "german" again, with my old (german) credit card information and german app catalog.
    I did not have to erase something or "log into my profile again" or anything, it just worked like in the old days, after someone from Palm/HP had a look at my profile.

Palm/HP support told me that it is a server side issue, so it need to be fixed on the server side.
    Contact me via PM and i should be able to help someone that still is having the problem
    Had the same problem (not able to get the german credit card running since the possible countries were stuck on USA, Canada and Mexico), contacted Anachronistic in the official forum on friday and on monday the issue was solved. Thumbs up! :-)
    Am I the unlucky one here ? Contacted three people from HP on this website since friday and still nothing for me!!

I am the anti-GuyFromNam :P
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    New user from UK here with unlocked, unbranded Veer from Germany and no previous Palm profile. Took the advice to load Impostah and create Palm profile before inserting sim card for fisrt time and no problems: UK app store, UK credit card and all seems to be working fine.
    My turn: I have now the european app cat
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Today only.
    They're just messing with you
    It's ok, I already bought my apps of choice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast