1.    #1  
    Hi, I have a simple question: How do you sync calendar, contacts, photos, videos and all the like between you veer and your mac ?

MissingSync seems to do that, but there's no mention of HPVEER in compatibility list and it is quite expensive!

How do you do ?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Good question.

I use cloud services for calendar and contacts (Google or my work's Exchange server).

Photos and videos are a tricky one. I've tried flickr with the Plickr app to view, download and upload, but for one reason or another I always end up using iPhoto exporting directly to my device in USB disk mode. Same for videos.

For music, I use Spotify and use their music transfer feature to wifi sync mp3s from my Mac to my Veer. I've also tried Box.net with the Boxalicious app to put albums I want on my Veer on the cloud and download them in the Box.net client. The downloaded tracks then appear in the Veer music app.

HP Play is also something to look at. Right now, it's just a cabled sync tool to show you your iTunes library and let you transfer tracks to your device over USB. The rumours have it that there will be a wifi cloud element added to this that lets you do it all without wires, but we shall see.

Hope that helps!
    see my signature to sync music and photos
  4.    #4  
    Thank you Craigp

Too bad for Spotify: I have a deezer account that comes with my mobile subscription and there's no deezer app on webos. Do you know a way to download Deezer musics on the Veer by any chance ?

I'll try HP Play btw, seems good to me even with limited features

@ahsirg: you don't have a signature ^^
  5.    #5  
    Double post, just to update my doings:

I now use HPPlay to sync musics with my Veer, it just works and that's all I'm asking!

I also use my google account to sync calandar and contacts and it works, but I don't like publishing my personal infos in the cloud... don't know what google will do with them, and with all of those hackings going on these days, nothing's safe!

Still, those are working free solutions and that's good

For Pictures and Videos, I think we can use the USB Mass Storage function to transfer to the relevant folders ?
    For calendar and contacts, I use Google.

For music, I use DoubleTwist, but of course that's with the USB cable. Haven't used HP Play yet. DoubleTwist also does photos, I believe, but I haven't used that capability.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Hi, I have a simple question: How do you sync calendar, contacts, photos, videos and all the like between you veer and your mac ?

MissingSync seems to do that, but there's no mention of HPVEER in compatibility list and it is quite expensive!

How do you do ?
    Salling Media Sync works great for me for Music, podcasts and photos. It auto detects my Veer (worked with my Evo & Pre too) when I plug it in, you can choose what to sync and only things that have changed get synced.
    Last edited by epajet; 07/21/2011 at 10:39 PM.
    EA

Veer