Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    Thank you for that link. Am I correct in understanding that some cigarette adapter chargers will work with the touchstone? I was shying away from using my inverter because I would have to switch it on and off every time I wanted to use it or got in/out of the car, and I assumed the cigarette adapter chargers didn't produce enough voltage/currrent/whatever.
    Some users have reported that some cigarette lighter chargers will work with the Touchstone. There's a thread for that here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-adapters.html

However it seems that while an adapter will work for one person, it might not work for another. I decided just to avoid the whole headache and use an inverter. By adding the cigarette lighter socket under the dash, I was able to tie it in to a circuit that is only hot (turned on) when the car is on, so I don't have to worry about turning it off manually.
    Last edited by Syndil; 07/20/2011 at 07:35 PM.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Some users have reported that some cigarette lighter chargers will work with the Touchstone. There's a thread for that here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-adapters.html

However it seems that while an adapter will work for one person, it might now work for another. I decided just to avoid the whole headache and use an inverter. By adding the cigarette lighter socket under the dash, I was able to tie it in to a circuit that is only hot (turned on) when the car is on, so I don't have to worry about turning it off manually.
    Yes, it's that messing around with my car that I shy away from. Already had one car catch fire because of the electrical I have some nice name brand cig adapters laying around that I think I'll try.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I have 1 touchstone, but I ever borrowed my friend's touchstone to test too, the result is the same.

As a note, I live at tropical climate which mean indoor temperature around 28-30c at noon, without air conditioner.

I'm sure I put Pre & Veer on perfect position when charging on touchstone, because each time I do charging I always check the Touchstone magnet already attached on phone or not.

The veer hit 47c , it is on charging condition, so the battery still charged. That's why the battery temperature is high.

I never use Pre & Veer on touchstone, it is always on idle position with data connection off.

Yes my Pre overclocked to 1 Ghz, but when charging it always revert back to deafult speed 500mhz. I do check it several times on govnah.

Another note... my friend have Pre- fried on touchstone, because using it as mobile hotspot while charging on TouchStone. The phone dead, can't charge the battery even using original charger, so his pre- only can use wifi, and only can use non-original charger to charge the battery out from the Pre.

My personal experience with TouchStone quite horrible. I think HP need to do better research and do upgrade on TouchStone Technology especially heat problem. It is surely a great innovation, but surely not suited for tropical climate countries. And this should be solved ASAP if HP want to sell TouchPad & Pre 3 worldwide.
    Yes, it's the hotspot app that would REALLY heat up my phone and make it too hot to touch. Thanks for jogging my memory. That's how I assumed the heat was generated by low signal. How is the signal in your area?

I can't find a touchstone manual online and can't find any of my paper ones (probably threw them away) but I wonder what acceptable operating and environmental temperatures it lists for the touchstone. It could be that it specifically says you need to keep it air conditioned :P
    @MicahDG: My Veer Signal worst compared to my CDMA Pre+. And it is far worst compared to my old GSM phone. But I found signal not effect much to heat. I conclude this because even signal up & down very often, as long as no data connection active & not charging on touchstone, temperature on Veer when idle always around 31-33c. Quite same with my Pre+.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    @MicahDG: My Veer Signal worst compared to my CDMA Pre+. And it is far worst compared to my old GSM phone. But I found signal not effect much to heat. I conclude this because even signal up & down very often, as long as no data connection active & not charging on touchstone, temperature on Veer when idle always around 31-33c. Quite same with my Pre+.
    My experience has been the complete opposite. I started getting signal where I never used to, and I no longer need to put it in Airplane mode to stop it from draining the battery. Maybe doesn't beat my old Nokia E51, but it's still one of the best phones I've had in terms of reception.

Although I do notice my data connection is a bit wonky at times compared to my CDMA Pre (Plus). It can show the 3G but no data can go through, until I cycle the connection.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12