Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    From playing with my girlfriend's Veer I can tell you that the size is amazing - but no camera flash is slightly disappointing (I use my Pre as a flashlight all the time) and no compass (the one thing I don't like about my Pre) outright kills it for me.
    If HP offers a Veer plus with a compass by the time they get around to releasing the Pre3, the Pre3 will have one less customer.

If you don't mind either of those and the other downsides... the Veer is just an amazingly well-built phone that's so tiny you'll only grasp how tiny it is when you actually hold it.
    Yeah, I used the flash as a flashlight a couple of times as well, I might miss it :/

Guess I'll have to get my hands on one soon. My Pre- is annoying me
    I have my Veer since wednesday now and I am very happy with it.

The missing LED flash might get in my way from time to time, but honestly that's not the main application for a smartphone, is it?
    For me a bigger drawback was that there is only a (quite long) cable USB->magnetic connector and not an adapter magnetic connector->micro usb or similar... so I need to take the long (and big) cable along to use my USB-Batterypack... I had 10cm micro usb cables for that, that were way more practical for my Pre. The other drawback of that cable solution is, that I have already forgotten the cable (and then needed it) on my desk, when going out with the Veer. I usually have plenty of micro usb calbes everywhere (in my backpack, my car, at work, on my desk at home...). So relying on a single cable is not so nice... So I hope for a small magnetic-connector to micro-usb adapter to buy somewhere, similar to the 3.5" connector. That would be much better for my use.

Anyway the Veer is a great phone and my girlfriend (who stole my Pre2 from me) already got a bit jealous... I think I'll need to consider if I really buy a Pre3 and pass the Veer on to my GF, as I had planned or if I stay with that sneak little phone. It really feels so great, so light weight, but has all the power to do everything I needed until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    So relying on a single cable is not so nice... So I hope for a small magnetic-connector to micro-usb adapter to buy somewhere, similar to the 3.5" connector. That would be much better for my use.
    This would be nice, should send to HP as suggestion.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12