1.    #1  
    Hi everyone.

I just got my veer Today, I allready Installed preware and got an Error saying that a package couldn't be loaded. So I checked the address on my pc and got here:

Index of /feeds/webos-patches/

I guess preware takes the webos Version (which is 2.1.1 on my veer) and checks for a folder named after it in that location. But there is no folder for 2.1.1 . Only for 2.1.0 and 2.1.2

So I checked the webos article on wikipedia and there, in the version history, Version 2.1.1 isn't even mentioned. it jumps from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2, saying that 2.1.2 "is an RTM release for the HP Veer." But my device doesn't have it.

So, does anyone know anything about this issue? is there any information about the difference between 2.1.1 and 2.1.2? I would really like to know if i can simply install 2.1.0 oder 2.1.2 patches, or if this would make the veer explode in my face.
    I wonder if it's a early build that slipped through production.

Try running updates manually, or maybe just go and download the official 2.1.2 doctor and start over.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Tried checking for updates? Also, is it an AT&T veer or a german one?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    The German Veers are on 2.1.1. A HP support person I talked to said that there were no bugfixes between the releases (2.1.1 - 2.1.2). The next release in Germany should be 2.2 which they are supposedly releasing rather soon.
    And how come that the touchpad run under Webos3.0 and not the cell phones ? If 3.0 is ready, it should be released for every device ?
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    And how come that the touchpad run under Webos3.0 and not the cell phones ? If 3.0 is ready, it should be released for every device ?
    3.0 will be ported to phones in the future. Right now it's only for the TouchPad. My guess is, that 2.2 will have all the necessary stuff to support the Pre3 and the Veer and some bug fixes. After that we will have to wait for 3.0 (which could lead to some more waiting).
  7.    #7  
    So 2.1.1 is a german-only Version? Strange.

I bought the Phone directly, not via o2, even though this is my provider. (They sell the veer for nearly 100 Bucks more, so no thanks).

I tried updating by the update-app on the phone, which didn't work ("Your phone is up to date") and downloading the "official 2.1.2 doctor" doesn't work for me either. For that you have to log in to your palm-profile. If i do so it doesn'T recognize my veer: "The serial number you entered is invalid" - Guess that is some location-restriction ****.

But whatever. Palm /Hp trained me hard in waiting, so I should have no problem with waiting for the 2.2 release marbla mentioned. I simply hope germany doesn't get a special Version of that too. Thanks everyone for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by marbla View Post
    The German Veers are on 2.1.1. A HP support person I talked to said that there were no bugfixes between the releases (2.1.1 - 2.1.2). The next release in Germany should be 2.2 which they are supposedly releasing rather soon.
    That is very strange. I also doubt sincerely that there were no bug fixes between the releases. However, when 2.2 comes out, hopefully everyone gets it, and hopefully that is soon.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Since the HP representative who comes here seems to say that HP is working on all the issues that are mentioned in "I don't remember what" thread, maybe we will come with a full bug fix 2.2 webos upgrade in 2 weeks...

Or maybe I'm dreaming and we'll only get some bugs fixed in one month^^

Either way, when the upgrade comes we will certainly have a good base to start from
    I guarantee they won't fix 100% of the bugs--it's nearly impossible to do so. All software in the real world has bugs. But I hope they can get 90% of the bugs that affect 90% of us. I think they can, even with all that they have going on.
    as a german Veer user, I'm also on 2.1.1 and suffer the same problem, no connection to patches and so on via preware and WebOSQuickinstall, as nexotron stated. Any chance that the webos internal experts link their databases also to 2.1.1?
    Just so you guys know, not a lot of working patched for 2.1.2 most of the ones I used to use are place holders or won't install (not saying there aren't a few working ones out there).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Same problem here. It would be quite nice if someone could just create a 2.1.1 folder (with the same content as 2.1.2) on the server.
    you can easily do it yourself. just add a new feed in your preware containing the following adress:
    Index of /feeds/webos-patches/2.1.0/

afterwards just deaktivate the feed with 2.1.1 version and reload all your feeds.
    you should now see all the patches that were created for webos-version 2.1.0

i tried the most important ones, they are working quite well!!

enjoy your veers.
    Hi all, the 'new feed' in Preware, did not work for me, sadly. But did it work for anyone else of you, who got the German Veer?
    actually, I tried it with my german veer. all of the patches i installed are running fine with webos 2.1.1
    what exactly doesn't work for you?
    I'm thinking he meant adding the new feed didn't work.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...