1.    #1  
    So I bought the Veer exactly six days too early to qualify for the free Touchstone. And on the MMO I play I bought tokens one day before a sale on them started.

I'm batting a thousand when it comes to these "bonuses."
    Lol, we ordered less than 48 hours too early, and received our Veers the day the free TS started.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Yeah I have very mixed feelings about all of these things. A deal is a deal, and I get that, and I don't feel I am owed anything by H-Palm. But at the same time this is the second time in the last few weeks (the other being the $50 rebate on 32GB TPs coming out after pre-order had begun) that the company has "punished" their most enthusiastic customers in such a way.

Customers can learn. It seems H-Palm is teaching the true believers not to run out and get their products ASAP, because if they hold off they can get a better deal. And that is not a great thing to teach customers.
    FWIW, I believe you can still get the $50 rebate if you qualify. It doesn't matter that you ordered early. But I guess you would have had to get the 32GB version.
    I chalk it up to being a geek when it comes to electronics..... I finally talked myself and the wife into an ETF and new phones because I wanted to get off 1.x. I have been saying I want to start deving for WebOS (and who knows what else), but 1.x was not helping that so I convinced myself I needed a 2.x device especially for .01 each and GSM (as I have said ad nauseum) I am so happy to soon be free of Sprint.

The rumored 7 inch TP has helped me to hold off on pulling the trigger on the TP, and that little voice about being an "early adopter". Just saying, I take it as a grain of salt, if I can get HP to hook up some touchstones awesome, if not, I know what I got myself into... those that buy early, do so out of desire or out of ignorance, that will never change. The Veer purchase ate me up so bad, I slept only 3 hours the night of delivery trying to test every possible scenario before even activating the second phone for the wife... Then I spent HOURS backing up and syncing everything... we still currently have @ active phones each.

Just saying it is part of who we are as people that frequent tech forums...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    FWIW, I believe you can still get the $50 rebate if you qualify. It doesn't matter that you ordered early. But I guess you would have had to get the 32GB version.
    Yeah and I ultimately bought the 32 for that reason, but I really wish they would have had all of the fine print out to us before first day of sale. When I bought my TP at Best Buy Friday morning it was on the hope that I would qualify with a no longer active Sprint Pre. Turned out fine, but if they were smart they would have had those details out already.

Again, I don't feel I am owed anything. But I do think little things like this where you are throwing up hurdles and discouraging your most zealous customers from jumping early are not great ideas long-term in terms of building loyalty and that warm, cozy feeling.