Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    so I broke down and activated one of the phones before falling asleep last night. I love the keyboard, I haven't loaded my palm profile and I am operating off a new phone number so I haven't tested all features. I will say the firmness of the keyboard may end up bothering one of us when the other is sleeping (nice firm clicks).

I was super sad to see most of our paid apps are not Veer compatible, between that and screen size I was a lil bummed after about 10 minutes of use (BTW I should probably have reading glasses so that may have been part of it, combined with having a few drinks on a friday night).

So now I sit here on an HP Veer (wondering why Veer isn't built into the autocorrect like apple builds every apple product into their autocorrect... Good on HP for not doing that, but damn the phone name???) using WebOS 2.x on a supported device with a great screen and I think I am happy.

I haven't come close to the full Veer or 2.x experience, but so far I think this is going to be good things coming from HP.

Once I get my Pre- fully backed up to the PC I will possibly use my old Palm Profile. This is my biggest decision, I would like to keep using my Pre as a wifi device with the apps I can use on it, I would happily repurchase apps on the Veer, but looking forward to the TP or other tablet I don't want to fragment my profiles/apps.

should be posting from forums next time I post from the Veer.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
  2.    #2  
    forgot to mention, after my app searches I remembered I was operating a device smaller than a deck of cards that can run flash.... Googled and watched the classic "end of the world" flash vid and was super happy with the choice to leave Sprint and get Veers, now just hoping the wife is as happy.
    Congratz! The screen size is too small for me, my eyes are going in my ole age, but I'm glad you like it. :::crossing fingers::: for a pre 3 on sprint. How is the call quality on at&t? The simultaneous voice and data are appealing, but everyone I've ever spoken to on att were broken up and static. I hear it depends on the area you are in.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  4.    #4  
    Haven't had a chance to do any calling yet, I have family and friends on AT&T and in Nor Cal it seams to be as good as Sprint, they drop in certain areas, but without being in the same location I can't say I wouldn't drop as well (also about half are on various versions of ATT iPhones).

As for screen size when I hold it next to the Pre and load the same web site, the Veer screen is sharper, which makes up for it's size. And flash is REALLY killin the Pre-, I wouldn't say I am a heavy flash user, but being able to play a video in the web page is awesome thus far. (I know flash is a function of 2.x but the Veer screen is nice next to a Pre-)

I will give a 1 week update next weekend (still have to get the wife setup, and by next weekend we will have a used iPhone 3G to throw a SIM into and play with). I plan on carrying both my Pre- and Veer for at least a week, not porting my number so I want to give it a side by side since we have overlapping plans.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Was weird to load my Palm profile onto the Veer (hope I backed everything up I needed, I think I did), was even weirder when my Pre got the message "restart needed", not that I didn't expect it just funny. I don't like the fact that while loading profile and accounts you can't switch to WiFi.... I know I could have done this with the WebOSInternals tools, but since I am on contract with ATT didn't see a need.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    gg