Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Well I don't know how reliable this source is but I thought I would just pass along what he told me. I was at Best Buy today playing with the beautiful Touchpad when in comes a HP Rep. We talked a good 40+ minutes about various things but he guaranteed me HP is working on 2.2 for the Veer. Main feature in that update being Touch to Share functionality to go along with the Pre 3. Like I said believe what you want but I am just telling you what he told me. Also sorry if already posted!
    2.2 adding TTS has been posted on the HP website for a while.... hoping for a Veer update soon, and hoping TTS is there.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    They really should get that update out like now, especially since the Veers are out there and the Pre 3 is not, so it can at least be demo'ed in stores. It's one big selling feature of the TouchPad.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    2.2 adding TTS has been posted on the HP website for a while.... hoping for a Veer update soon, and hoping TTS is there.
    Interesting no one has talked about it that I can find? I searched all over this forum and no one spoke of any HP Website. O well...
    its been talked about, but the search function is designed to make stuff hard to find. I'm glad you posted it again because now its in a thread title, which will help.

what else did the HP rep tell you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    Interesting no one has talked about it that I can find? I searched all over this forum and no one spoke of any HP Website. O well...
    As was said been talked about in some threads, but nice to have a thread titled for is.

HP webOS - High connectivity, stability and security | HP Official(R) Site

"4. Touch to Share capabilities require TouchPad with webOS 3.0 and Pre3 (pending availability) or Veer (requires future over the air update) with webOS 2.2 or higher. Viewing URL web page content requires data connection via Wi-Fi or cellular connection. "

I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    patiently waiting...hopefully soon tho! I'm betting it'll be around the same time that the Touchpad OTA update is.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    its been talked about, but the search function is designed to make stuff hard to find. I'm glad you posted it again because now its in a thread title, which will help.

what else did the HP rep tell you?
    He didn't really tell me anything new that we didn't already know. I schooled him on a few things actually with Palms history lol...
    guys ,

When do you think will be released the update to enable this great function called Touch to share just available using PRE 3 ?????

Who have news post here !!!!

Thanks
    - HP Veer --
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    mean title...had me hoping it was here...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    do you have any news on twitter about some Veer update and touch to share........?
    - HP Veer --
    <<Threads merged>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    guys ,

When do you think will be released the update to enable this great function called Touch to share just available using PRE 3 ?????

Who have news post here !!!!

Thanks
    They really should now, and get it out fast.

With the Pre3 not heading to North America, there is NO phone to support TTS. If it never comes, I smell a class action.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    a minor update is out for PRE 3 and for Veer is SILENCE....
    - HP Veer --
    It's incredible , 24th August and the touch to share update is a far dream
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    a minor update is out for PRE 3 and for Veer is SILENCE....
    The ironic thing is, DeWitt (or was it Bradley... they're all the same to me) stated the Veer is the one that will continued to be supported and sold, yet the Pre 3 is the firesale liquidation special.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    It isn't uncommon for a new product to get a quick update to fix things discovered once it is out in the wild with an expanded user-base. Who knows what will happen or whether the Veer will get anything, but the fact the Pre3 got a quick update doesn't really concern me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    It isn't uncommon for a new product to get a quick update to fix things discovered once it is out in the wild with an expanded user-base. Who knows what will happen or whether the Veer will get anything, but the fact the Pre3 got a quick update doesn't really concern me.

the FACT is : at the end of August , Veer can't still pairing with Touchpad
    - HP Veer --
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    True, but fact is I remain hopeful and don't think the Pre3 fact has much to do with the Veer.
    agreed w lou
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast