Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By rlee2001
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    The TouchPad is out, Palm/HP! Now counting the hours since we have been "denied" our Veer webOS 3.x update!

(Kidding, but can't wait to play with TTS!)
    Haha, I was actually waiting for this thread. I don't even have a Veer but I am curious to see how long until the update is released.
    I just want 2.2 (don't know why I don't have a TP).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I think that's why it's not getting any of those posts.... trolls like to post in threads that would otherwise be productive. Plus if they post in this thread they would be admitting to trolling.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I think that's why it's not getting any of those posts.... trolls like to post in threads that would otherwise be productive. Plus if they post in this thread they would be admitting to trolling.
    Anyone think or want to make a bet that P|C hires Trolls?

Think about it, I love webOS and I hangout here because my Pre and TouchPad are the be all end all for devices, but I never hangout on AndroidCentral.net or otherwise and post comments in their forum trying to disparage or make those devices less then they can be.

In my eyes, this is a waste of time and only someone who's unstable would waste their time doing this day in and day out....unless they are getting paid!

Now we'll never know, I'll probably get banned for P|C for even mentioning it, but then it makes since to me and I can't be the only one who wonders?

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it...why is this any different then Apple placing employees in their presentations audience to generate interest and make announcements sound more glamorous. Negative comments also generate interest for people who are passionate about something!

Either way, I'm done talking with people who have nothing to say besides negative comments and otherwise. I understand not being happy and finding problems, but there are forums threads that are designed for these comments and I'm just done with conversations that have no base or notion to finding a fix or answer.

Okay, I'm off my stump! Sorli...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Not that I disagree with you, but I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out people's motivation for a lot of things. You are right the best thing is to ignore. I like webOS and hope it succeeds, but don't feel a need to battle for the hearts and souls of others. I use my Veer and my Touchpad because I like them and they do everything I need. That is good enough for me.
    Veer need update.. at least fix some bugs and tweak performance.. Touch to Share is great.. especially for ToucPad owner. Me? not yet have TouchPad.. I will buy one, but maybe after a month or two till ToucPad OTA out, or I will wait TouchPad7
    Hey, since we are whining here, can I have a Pre 3 on Sprint too?
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Anyone think or want to make a bet that P|C hires Trolls?

Think about it, I love webOS and I hangout here because my Pre and TouchPad are the be all end all for devices, but I never hangout on AndroidCentral.net or otherwise and post comments in their forum trying to disparage or make those devices less then they can be.

In my eyes, this is a waste of time and only someone who's unstable would waste their time doing this day in and day out....unless they are getting paid!
    Believe me, the P|C troll market is alive and well without any intervention. I think it's because they keep getting fed here.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Yes, P|C hiring trolls is like Eskimo's purchasing bags of ice. Why hire (even if that did make sense in any way) what you have an overabundance of already? Just like people posting long complaints to complain about people complaining... why do people do it? Who knows.
    My whine:

Sprint has given me good customer service for a long time. My 2 pre(-)s still do everything I NEED them to do and the Homebrew community gave me most of what i WANTED. I never had the Oreo effect, stuck in headset mode, or broken power button.

DAMMIT!!! I want to complain like everyone else, but I have no legitimate beefs.

I HATE THAT!!!!
    HelloNNNewman and bevcraw like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    The boredom that comes with a great phone.
    How I miss the Pre's daily little dramas
    Oh no, this can't be right! GuyFromNam not angry? What has this world come to?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Since no Pre 3 is around the corner, HP now has an opportunity to fully launch, not just soft-launch, the Veer.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930