Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
    It's far from complicated... How can we help?
    First step: Just download webos quick install on your Computer: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-3-1-a.html

Second step: Activate dev mode on your phone by activating "just type" and type webos20090606 or upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart => an Icon "Developer Mode Enabler" will appear, tap on in, set developer mode to "on". It should be activated immideately (it was on my webOs 2.x phones).

Third step: Hook up your phone to your computer with the USB Cabel. Don't go into usb drive mode, let it "just charge" on the computer.

Fourth step: Fire up webos quick install, that you downloaded earlier. It will ask to install novacom at start. If that worked, you'll see your phone mentioned in the dropbox on the upper right.

Fifth step: Download the patch that is linked here. It will end up with ".ipkg". Now press on the green + in webos quick install and select the file that you just downloaded.

Step five A: If you are updating, that means you had UC already installed and now are trying to install it again, you'll need to get rid of it (of course you can do that also to get rid of UC completely). In webOs Quick install open device management from the tools menu. Select "patches" in the dropbox on the upper right, select ubercalendar from the list, press deinstall, let it do it's magic, reboot your phone.

Sixth step: Press "install" in webos quick install and let it do it's magic... After that just reboot your phone and ubercalendar will be ready to use.

So that's six steps. None of them is really complicated. And on the way you "jailed" or "rooted" your phone the webos-way.
    If you like, you can install preware from webos quick install, too and get an easy way to manage homebrew from your phone (just press on the world like button below the red - in webos quick install to get an interface to intall available homebrew packages from the "feeds". Sadly not everything is in those feeds...)

It's not difficult or complicated... It's exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    It's far from complicated... How can we help?
    First step: Just download webos quick install on your Computer: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-3-1-a.html

Second step: Activate dev mode on your phone by activating "just type" and type webos20090606 or upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart => an Icon "Developer Mode Enabler" will appear, tap on in, set developer mode to "on". It should be activated immideately (it was on my webOs 2.x phones).

Third step: Hook up your phone to your computer with the USB Cabel. Don't go into usb drive mode, let it "just charge" on the computer.

Fourth step: Fire up webos quick install, that you downloaded earlier. It will ask to install novacom at start. If that worked, you'll see your phone mentioned in the dropbox on the upper right.

Fifth step: Download the patch that is linked here. It will end up with ".ipkg". Now press on the green + in webos quick install and select the file that you just downloaded.

Step five A: If you are updating, that means you had UC already installed and now are trying to install it again, you'll need to get rid of it (of course you can do that also to get rid of UC completely). In webOs Quick install open device management from the tools menu. Select "patches" in the dropbox on the upper right, select ubercalendar from the list, press deinstall, let it do it's magic, reboot your phone.

Sixth step: Press "install" in webos quick install and let it do it's magic... After that just reboot your phone and ubercalendar will be ready to use.

So that's six steps. None of them is really complicated. And on the way you "jailed" or "rooted" your phone the webos-way.
    If you like, you can install preware from webos quick install, too and get an easy way to manage homebrew from your phone (just press on the world like button below the red - in webos quick install to get an interface to intall available homebrew packages from the "feeds". Sadly not everything is in those feeds...)

It's not difficult or complicated... It's exciting.

Thanks for your sincere reply, but I've done all of those steps, but I keep getting a failed installation. I've tried getting it thru Preware AND WOQI. I've tried using Internalz too, but can't seem to make that work either...
    Can you look into the install log on preware (I don't know if WOQI gives a log, too) and try to post some bits of information here?
    I guess it will say something like "chunks failed" for some files...

Are you sure that you removed all calendar related patches? What patches do you have installed? What version is running on your Veer? 2.1.2 (US) or 2.1.1 (EU)?

I just did this with WOQI on a clean 2.1.1 Veer.
    Can you look into the install log on preware (I don't know if WOQI gives a log, too) and try to post some bits of information here?
    I guess it will say something like "chunks failed" for some files...

Are you sure that you removed all calendar related patches? What patches do you have installed? What version is running on your Veer? 2.1.2 (US) or 2.1.1 (EU)?

I just did this with WOQI on a clean 2.1.1 Veer.
    Yes, I'm getting the "chunks failed" message whichever way I try and install it. I dragged it into my "downloads' folder via usb mode. I guess I could shuffle around using Internalz, but I don't know how to. Thanks.
    The easiest way to get the log, if you used Preware, is to connect the phone to PC and access the usb-drive. There is a file called webos-patches.log and it contains the logs of all the patches you installed. (Maybe you delete the file and again try to apply the patch, so you get a clean log file )
    Maybe we can see something from this file.
    The easiest way to get the log, if you used Preware, is to connect the phone to PC and access the usb-drive. There is a file called webos-patches.log and it contains the logs of all the patches you installed. (Maybe you delete the file and again try to apply the patch, so you get a clean log file )
    Maybe we can see something from this file.
    I just tried this. No dice. Can't believe that a simple app can't be installed on this phone. I give up. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    It is not available via Preware. You need to install the patches locally using webOS Quick Install or Internalz. The patch you need to use is linked in the first post.
    applying the .patch files leads to "Cannot contact AUPT server at webosinternals" (translated from German) Is this just temporary unavailable or does it indicate a problem on my side?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
    applying the .patch files leads to "Cannot contact AUPT server at webosinternals" (translated from German) Is this just temporary unavailable or does it indicate a problem on my side?
    This is a temp problem, nothing wrong with your device. It just means it couldn't connect to the server. Try again later or on a different Internet connection.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    aging treat, but just a follow up:

-) updated my veer to 2.2.4 (see other treats in this forum; took ~ 30' and no problems!)
    -) doing all that activation and account things
    -) installed ubercalender (& localization) via webOS quickinstall

that's it

best regards
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234