Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #41  
    Good stuff!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  2. #42  
    Hello,
    I want to install UberCalendar on my Veer and it's impossible ...
    Routine, the same message appears: "Setup error - see log iPKG"
    I have installed any other patch related to the calendar. Moreover, it is the only patch that does not install correctly. The other, no problem ...
    Does anyone see what it is?
    Thanks.
    Rudy
  3. #43  
    It is not available via Preware. You need to install the patches locally using webOS Quick Install or Internalz. The patch you need to use is linked in the first post.
  4. d1sq0's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #44  
    you need to uninstall any patches that relate to the calendar whatsoever. then it should work with WOSQI.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    It is not available via Preware. You need to install the patches locally using webOS Quick Install or Internalz. The patch you need to use is linked in the first post.
    frantid, are you still testing the Veer version? If this gets out of Beta status, will you be releasing it through Preware at that time?

    I've been holding off installing the beta, as I'm still dealing with the Veer's own bugs.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yimmy View Post
    frantid, are you still testing the Veer version? If this gets out of Beta status, will you be releasing it through Preware at that time?

    I've been holding off installing the beta, as I'm still dealing with the Veer's own bugs.
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to put the Veer versions in Preware. There is no way currently to generate the patch correctly on the feed server. It has to do with the sub-version numbering, 2.1 vs 2.1.2 vs 2.1.1 -- currently these all look like 2.1 when the patch is being generated on the server. I have the same problem with 2.0.1.x Verizon Pre2 subversion being different than the other 2.0.1 files.

    So if you want UC you will have to try the local version.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  7. #47  
    I would like to install UC on my VEER 2.1.2 I am new to WebOS. I have tried to install with Internalz and WebOS Quick Install but have not been successful

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    Charles
  8. #48  
    You need to remove any other calendar patches from the phone.

    Make sure you are using webOS QI 4.2.3 or the latest Internalz Pro version.

    Also you need the one with VEER in the name.
  9. #49  
    Thank you frantid.

    I do not have any other patches for calendar on my Veer.

    I have the latest WOSQI 4.2.3 and Interanlz Pro.

    Where do I find one with VEER in the name?

    And how do I install it?

    Thanks for the help

    Charles
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to put the Veer versions in Preware. There is no way currently to generate the patch correctly on the feed server. It has to do with the sub-version numbering, 2.1 vs 2.1.2 vs 2.1.1 -- currently these all look like 2.1 when the patch is being generated on the server. I have the same problem with 2.0.1.x Verizon Pre2 subversion being different than the other 2.0.1 files.

    So if you want UC you will have to try the local version.
    not complaining as I was able to install all on the phone, but sconix has been labeling his patches for veer or other 2.x

    any chance you would do similsr?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by clpyles View Post
    Thank you frantid.

    I do not have any other patches for calendar on my Veer.

    I have the latest WOSQI 4.2.3 and Interanlz Pro.

    Where do I find one with VEER in the name?

    And how do I install it?

    Thanks for the help

    Charles

    Here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/3024632-post2876.html
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    not complaining as I was able to install all on the phone, but sconix has been labeling his patches for veer or other 2.x

    any chance you would do similsr?
    No, I tried. It will not generate correctly in the feed server. I wish it did work.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  13. #53  
    cool, either way was pretty painless for me to install mobile with internalz
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Just one little issue: I have set column 7(sunday) for displaying the hours in week view. When I toggle to workweek view, no hours are displayed.
    If the column is set to 6 or above in week view prefs, it should display the hours in column 5 (friday), IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    A forum member reported a bug in the new patches week view. It happens when you have 7 days displayed and you tap the 7th day. It then takes you to the wrong day.
    bugs fixed, patches updated all versions

    2.x here

    1.4.5 here.

    thanks for testing.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  15. #55  
    webos doctor for German Veer's is out.

    Is there any update coming (or already released) of UberCalendar ?
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  16. #56  
    frantid,

    Gateful for your work and help but A I am very new to WebOS. Instructions include a part I do not understand....Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again. You can not upgrade a Preware version to a local version without uninstalling first.

    I do not know how to do this or how to find LUNA.

    Please help. Or is there another way to install?

    Thanks again, Charles
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    webos doctor for German Veer's is out.

    Is there any update coming (or already released) of UberCalendar ?
    There's one for the EU Veer already out. If you follow the link above you want to use the one that has WR_211 in the name. (WR for world ready following the doctor's name).

    I also have an update to post later today. If you follow the UC thread, you'll get the latest news.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by clpyles View Post
    frantid,

    Gateful for your work and help but A I am very new to WebOS. Instructions include a part I do not understand....Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again. You can not upgrade a Preware version to a local version without uninstalling first.

    I do not know how to do this or how to find LUNA.

    Please help. Or is there another way to install?

    Thanks again, Charles
    Hi, welcome to webOS. It's not that hard, you will need to use webOS Quick Install (QI) or Internalz Pro. Both of those have threads in the forums if you need more info about them. Internalz Pro works on the phone, and QI needs to be run on a computer with your phone connected to it via usb. Personally, I like to use Internalz because I like doing it all on the phone.

    The part in red, is important if you have already installed a version of UC and you want to install an updated version of the patch. Restarting Luna is the part where you are restarting the user interface of the phone. It is not a full phone restart so it is much quicker. There are menu options in the apps used for homebrew; QI, Internalz, Preware for restarting Luna.

    First step is to get the patch. You can download it to your computer, use QI to install or transfer it to your phone and use Internalz. If you are using Internalz, you can go to the post where the patch is and have the forum email the patch to your phone. If you have Internalz setup correctly, you can tap the attachment to open it. Once in Internalz with the patch open, you tap install. After it completes the install, it will ask you to restart Luna.

    That's the condensed version of the procedure. I highly recommend getting the Preware Homebrew Documentation app in the catalog. It has details for installing patches, etc. Also purchasing gives back to the developers that make homebrew possible. Internalz is in the app catalog as well, you need to use the homebrew "Pro" version to install patches. It is free, but you might consider donating to Jason to thank him if you like it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    There's one for the EU Veer already out. If you follow the link above you want to use the one that has WR_211 in the name. (WR for world ready following the doctor's name).

    I also have an update to post later today. If you follow the UC thread, you'll get the latest news.
    Thanks
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  20. #60  
    This is INSANELY difficult and COMPLICATED. Is there something else that's similar? I've fiddled with every permutation and workaround and can't make this happen. Thanks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions