Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    For those saying they attempt via preware, were you using the feeds or the .patch file as instructed above? Lets start there.

I e-mailed the .patch file to myself, downloaded, used internalz to fish it outta the depths of e-mail attachments, then used internalz to install. No problems.

For those having problems it would help if you describe what exactly you are doing step by step and what patches if any you have installed.

This is on an ATT Veer, with a good amount of patches prior to ubercalendar, no calendar patches prior.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yimmy View Post
    chrislo, you might have found it by now. The .patch file is here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/3005701-post2833.html
    Hi!
    Impossible to open the files on my Veer
    Copied the patch on my download folder (on the veer), opened with Internalz and get an error like there are 5 hunks ignored so it won't install.

"..."
    "1 out of 11 hunks FAILED"
    "1 out of 14 hunks FAILED"
    "..."
    "Skip this patch? [y]"
    "5 out 5 hunks ignored"

but the mainline is actually:
    "-1: unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT="/media/.../info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar.postinst 2>&1"

Needless to say that this error appears 2 times in the Postinst(allation) section.

Someone knows how to fix this ?

(running german veer with webos 2.1.1, and patches from 2.1.0 repository)
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Unfortunately, I need a doctor file for 2.1.1 European Veer to make UC for that version.

If one gets found, I will create the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy P. View Post
    Hi!
    Try using Internalz.
    Hi!
    How did you get the file on your Veer first?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I sent the file by mail, but it does not work, the file is not recognized ...
    So I installed the patch via Preware but it does not work either, I get several error messages!
    FYI: I have a Veer German QWERTZ keyboard
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    For those saying they attempt via preware, were you using the feeds or the .patch file as instructed above? Lets start there.

I e-mailed the .patch file to myself, downloaded, used internalz to fish it outta the depths of e-mail attachments, then used internalz to install. No problems.

For those having problems it would help if you describe what exactly you are doing step by step and what patches if any you have installed.

This is on an ATT Veer, with a good amount of patches prior to ubercalendar, no calendar patches prior.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

I copied the patch onto my unlocked US Veer while in USB mode after I could not install it using QuickInstall. QuickInstall kept saying I need GNU and LSDIFF patches (even though they are already installed). It would hang during the install process. Tried several times. I used internalz to run the ubercalendar patch. I got the following error. "9 out of 75 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects file usr/palm/application/com.palm.app.calendar.app/controllers/day-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$&$quot$;

UPDATE: I had the patch 'full day calendar shrink' installed which was the problem. Once I removed that it was fine.
    Last edited by SB Jon; 07/14/2011 at 07:40 PM.
    I sent the file by mail, but it does not work, the file is not recognized ...
    So I installed the patch via Preware but it does not work either, I get several error messages!
    FYI: I have a Veer German QWERTZ keyboard
    I think it was said, it is not available for German Veer yet (no Dr yet).

As an FYI, when you send it by e-mail it downloads attachments to a folder you need to find then install with internalz. You can't install it directly from e-mail app.

If you installed the one that is in the Preware feeds, it is not for the Veer (I believe the only one available for the Veer is the .Patch right now).
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I am thinking of getting a Veer, but I am worried that Google calendar events created on the phone don't sync to the website calendar. Does Ubercalendar correct this?
    I have created events on my Veer that synced to the cloud, then synced to my Pre- (using same gmail account), this has been before and after ubercalendar. Since we haven't canceled the Sprint contract yet, I have been carrying both phones for 2 weeks and have seen them go off multiple times at the same time, even though the event was created on the Veer. Only way the Pre would have got the calendar data would have been from google calendar (both phones using different profile but same google account).
    Someone posted a link from a Veer purchased off amazon.de Hopefully this is the same doctor version that the carriers in EU are using.

I made a UC version for this one here:

If you have an EU Veer, you want to try the file named: ubercalendarVEER_WR211_1-1.patch
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    cant get it installed on my att veer no matter which file I use. Using iternalz
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Someone posted a link from a Veer purchased off amazon.de Hopefully this is the same doctor version that the carriers in EU are using.

I made a UC version for this one here:

If you have an EU Veer, you want to try the file named: ubercalendarVEER_WR211_1-1.patch
    installed fine using Internalz and seems to be working.

Many thanks

Maik
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    cant get it installed on my att veer no matter which file I use. Using iternalz
    Do you have any other calendar patches installed?
    yes I got the default to month view patch but I removed it and tried to install the enhanced cal but still has fail hunks

thanks
    yes I got the default to month view patch but I removed it and tried to install the enhanced cal but still has fail hunks

thanks
    There must be some other patch conflicting. Can you post the logs of the failed install? Is your webos version 2.1.2?
    ill see what i can do about the log but here are the current patches i have installed

data in device menue
    default to month view
    multi mod
    no auto dial from call log
    no missed call call back
    really silent ringer switch menue
    timestamp clean
    video download

when installing the patch, i get something like there was garbage in the input file.
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 07/17/2011 at 04:23 AM.
    ill see what i can do about the log but here are the current patches i have installed

data in device menue
    default to month view
    multi mod
    no auto dial from call log
    no missed call call back
    really silent ringer switch menue
    timestamp clean
    video download

when installing the patch, i get something like there was garbage in the input file.
    You will have to uninstall default to month view. There is a preference for it in UC.

Perhaps you need to redownload the patch. For an ATT Veer you just want the ubercalendarVEER.patch file.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    wow, finally got it to install.

thanks
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast