webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Veer Music volume Issues
Veer Music volume Issues

Old 07/01/2011, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

I couldn't find an exact match of this topic.

Is anyone experiencing poor sound quality when listening to music via the adapter and headphones? I guess its not poor quality but volume quality. I can barely hear the music turned up to full volume? The music app doesn't provide an EQ or anything to adjust sound.

Is there a better music player than the default music player that would fix my volume issue?

Thanks!
sherard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2011, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wow, I think the music quality is outstanding. I think it's about the best music quality I've heard on a mobile device. It's not crazy loud, but 100% is much too loud for me.

However, if you've activated voicedial, it kills your sound quality until you unplug and replug your adapter. So if you've been using voicedial, that could be your problem. HP is aware of this bug. Try unplugging and replugging to see if it fixes your issue.
Old 07/01/2011, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Really!? I have that sucker turned all the way up and the volume doesn't seem very loud. I have also tried several different headphones thinking the problem was the headphones. I guess I'll try another pair. I've plugged all these headphones into an ipod shuffle I have also and the volume on the ipod shuffle is twice as loud as what I get from the veer playing music. It's weird.

I don't use voicedial and it is turned off in the Screen & Lock app.

I have also re-seated the adapter several times thinking the connection may be the cause. But still volume seems low still.
sherard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2011, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mine is about as loud as my old iPod nano used to be. 100% is just about loud enough on an airplane, but definitely uncomfortably loud in any sort of moderately quiet environment.

Sounds like you have some sort of problem. Possibilities: defective phone, headphones not plugged into adapter all the way, high-impedance headphones, adapter with jack facing up instead of down, or defective adapter.
Old 07/01/2011, 02:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

I notice there's one bug, not sure if it's related to your situation.

If you accidentally trigger voice dialing while playing any content (music, YouTube, video, etc.), your entire audio system will go into this low quality mode until you close all audio apps and restart the app.

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2011, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Here is what I have tested thus far, Veer with adapter plays nicely in some decent cans. If you pull the adapter off phone while playing I couldn't get audio back until I plugged back in the adapter, then it was fine over all outputs.

Veer is plenty loud with speaker
Veer using adapter in my car with 1000 watt amp pushing subs is LOUD (probably better than pre)
Veer over BT in same car seams louder than Pre

This was all using slacker radio over wifi for the most part, a lil HSPA+
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0