1.    #1  
    Was just checking Best Buy and it lists no store pickup for Black Veer, and every local store for white Veer. I thought I had read that some folks had got their black Veer at Best Buy.

This is a problem, because we both want black Veers, but more so because the wife is porting her number. Next option will be to attempt to get AT&T to price match the BB pricing.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    They had the black ones for sale in my local Best Buy in Atlanta the other day when I went in to play with the Touchpad.

FWIW I was told by someone who works for AT&T that they have been told to no longer match national retailers like BestBuy, but the store manager can still authorize it. I think you should be able to, especially since you would be a new sale coming over from Sprint. Just take the common sense approach and say "I'd really like to give you the commissions, but I can't see the point of spending $200 on something when I can drive across the street and get it for free."
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I figure if I have to I will hit up AT&T. My other thought is to go into BB and pick up the white ones and ask them to order black and swap em out when they arrive. Still a few weeks out, so maybe they will be in stock by then anyways. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something about black at BB.

Still gonna give it a shot at them paying my ETF too, but figure ATT store won't want to price match and pay ETF.

Anyone have any experience porting a number after purchase? Thinking possibly hitting Amazon with new numbers then port the wife's when the phones get here.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I ordered two Veers (one white, one black) from Best Buy online, and ported two numbers from Sprint in the process.

The delivery of the hardware went fine, but the number port was screwed up about as many ways as it possibly could be. Required phone calls with AT&T, Best Buy, and again with AT&T. At first, I couldn't complete the automated activation per the instructions in the box, so I had to call AT&T. AT&T, after half an hour, couldn't complete the activation because they couldn't verify that I actually had the hardware. So they said. Called Best Buy and they had both phones activated quickly, but the accounts were all wrong (not joined as a family account with an existing AT&T number, not provisioned with the right data caps), and of course, I didn't discover this until a few days later. Had to call AT&T again to get it all straightened out, but they did get everything right at that point.

I have the feeling that porting the numbers in the Best Buy instead of doing this all over the phone would work better.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I originally had intended to buy mine at BestBuy (why pay the $99?) but also ran into trouble with the porting process. I was the problem... I didn't remember the Sprint pin that I apparently set up a decade ago but have no idea what it was, and the usual workaround when I call Sprint, telling them the street I grew up on, was not an option at BB. He claimed he could figure it out eventually, but had annoyed me by insisting that there was no 1000 messages/month option at AT&T and telling me repeatedly I was wrong for getting only 2 GB of data, so I eventually just said nevermind and went over to AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Yeah I figure if I have to I will hit up AT&T. My other thought is to go into BB and pick up the white ones and ask them to order black and swap em out when they arrive. Still a few weeks out, so maybe they will be in stock by then anyways. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something about black at BB.

Still gonna give it a shot at them paying my ETF too, but figure ATT store won't want to price match and pay ETF.

Anyone have any experience porting a number after purchase? Thinking possibly hitting Amazon with new numbers then port the wife's when the phones get here.
    I called my local ATT to find out about price matching and the rep said it has been done in the past, she just had to get it OK'ed with Mgmt. I'm waiting to hear back. No black Veers at BB here in CT.

I've had no issues with porting, however I am going to wait to make sure the service works at my house and fool around with the Veer for a while till the PRE3 comes out.
  7.    #7  
    Ordered 2 black Veers from Amazon, since we will have Sprint for a brief time after the phones get activated I went with the lowest minutes and only 1000 txts with 2 gigs data for now.

Would love if they ship today or early tomorrow to get them before the long weekend, if not should be here by the 5th and I am off that day, so I will have time to set everything up. Once the wife figures out if she is happy or not, we can then make the choice to port and cancel Sprint (she is not sure if she wants a phone this small, so I am getting my mom's old iPhone 3G so the wife can try that out as well).

Hoping to see something firm on 7inch tab and Pre3 before our 30 day trial is up. Also looking at unlocked Pre2's on ebay, just in case.
    Got my Veer yesterday at ATT store and they matched BB price. Still playing around with it but so far it is well worth it. Mostly because I get good signal at home.
    "It's only an island if you look at it from the water"
    Chief Brody JAWS
  9.    #9  
    Nice, I am waiting to see how our signal is. My family is on AT&T and get marginal signal at home... but they are in kinda a dead spot I love my 3G in the house and have dropped calls there with various Sprint phones.
  10. macdavepro
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Was just checking Best Buy and it lists no store pickup for Black Veer, and every local store for white Veer. I thought I had read that some folks had got their black Veer at Best Buy.

This is a problem, because we both want black Veers, but more so because the wife is porting her number. Next option will be to attempt to get AT&T to price match the BB pricing.
    FWIW I just stopped at a Best Buy Mobile store and they have black Veers in stock. The website said otherwise, but the associate gave me a funny look when I asked.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  11.    #11  
    LOL good to know, our Amazon Veers have been awesome thus far
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    As far as I knew Best Buys only had white in store. Had a customer come in today and wanted a black one but all we had was white. Showed mine to him and he told me how he messed with it at AT&T and loved it and eventually he said "You know what, just ship it to me I can wait" and I happily did it and my manager even gave him expedited or express which ever one is faster for free. He should be getting his Veer Tuesday and I hope he loves it as much as I do.