webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > OS updates and App purchases over WiFi?
OS updates and App purchases over WiFi?

Old 06/28/2011, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi,

If one is using an unlocked Veer, activated in the USA with pay-as-you-go AT&T SIM card but the unit is not on an AT&T contract, can one receive OS updates and purchase apps over WiFi? I'm guessing "no" for OS updates as these are carrier based and "yes" for apps.

Thanks.
mgabel_pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/2011, 06:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

You should be able to do both. If you can't do updates, just doctor to the new version.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Old 06/29/2011, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply. I sort of understand that "doctor" means run the program called webOS doctor which is like a really hard reset which then puts the latest OS stuff on the phone.
Old 06/30/2011, 08:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice.

-- now that I've just ordered the Veer, that's just what I'll do. Thanks. BTW, I'm still staying with Centro/Sprint. The Veer for me will be a travel phone (when I unlock it) and a 2.6 inch TouchPad.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0