Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    From what I read on this forum, it seems that the name of this topic is a good representation of what people feel right now with the VEER. But it seems that some people are having a very good experience with it, and some others are having some bad times.

Is it possible that this new phone is giving very different behaviour depending on who's using it ? Like some smart phone (haha) that judge by the face of its owner ? Maybe a karma related behaviour ?

Guys, you should look into your mind and call into question who you really are !

I'm saying that, but what will happen with mine ???
    So far I haven't had the hard core lag issues folks have mentioned. Pretty happy so far, trying to get used to the lack of patched and screen size still (Pre still have service so I am carrying 2 phones at the moment).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    After the first update which is hopefully soon, i'll decide if I will keep it or not. A couple of bugs, especially with the SMS app is highly annoying.
    Yeah we just activated ours last friday. So far I want to stay with GSM, so even if we don't keep em or keep em both, one of us will probably be on a used iPhone to keep one line contract free.

The SMS has only bothered me a couple of times and I am a pretty heavy texter.

I have a TP on order from QVC, not shipping til end of this week, so I think I will keep the order and get a lil time with the Veer and TP together. The return on the TP will be no problem and will only cost me $26 total (30 day return policy). The Veer returns will be less pleasant since I would be dealing with carrier and Amazon, but shouldn't be too bad. At this point I think I would attempt to sell the Veers and buy unlocked Pre2's if I am unhappy in the future and no sign of Pre3 in sight.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Do you restart it everyday? there is a patch for that.
    thought we got rid of that slogan when hp bought palm...

there is a patch for that.
    Well technically isn't the restart daily (or whenever you set it to), technically an app.

Anyways, I ran that app on my Pre for a couple days, hated it, didn't play well with the TS, removed it and restarted when needed. Have only had to restart my Veer when loading patches and what not or when I was messing around with profiles and my backups.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12